5th Annual Big Bear Carp Roundup

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Talked to Big Mike from BBL MWD today. He's got some Hoyt and Bowtech bows for the raffle.

I'm gonna film the carp roundup so if you see paparrazzi give me your best shot. Probably be on the Lake Patrol boats during the day. Around the weigh in scale after and before.

Del, I'd like to interview you guys before the police come git you.
Maybe Friday? When you gettin into BBL? You Zonies gonna spank us SoCals again?

5th annual Big Bear Carp Round Up
June 7-8.
Big Bear Lake CA

Boat and shore teams. $1000 for 2 top teams.

The spawn is on

Flyer

http://www.bbmwd.org/carp_roundup_files/ca...008%20flyer.pdf

http://www.bbmwd.org/

soreloser

Reaction score
I've talked Mike into shooting it with me. We'll be registering at the lake on the first morning.

DMC

Reaction score
I really really wanted to come down and shoot this one. But as usual I can not make it.

Good luck to all.

I will beat up on Dell for you so he will be eagerly waiting to whoop up on you all down there.

dwagoner

Reaction score
Too Bad HUNT CRAZY wont be able to make it cuz hell be AT WORK at Sprotsmans warehouse LOL!!! GL Bruce have fun im not working that weekend!! Gimme your boat and ill go for ya!!

Sounds like alot of fun sticking crap, i mean carp! Sounds like i should get a reel and get into bowfishing also

Rem

Reaction score
This sounds like fun I'm going to see if my brother wants to go and print up a flyer to stick up at the shop. I never been to this lake can any one tell me any how this lake is I don't want to know your hot spot but any help will be nice thanks.

socalgunrep21

Reaction score
Ayone need a partner? I'd be happy to join you and pay my half! I've shot carp at Lake Henshaw, so I have experience. Please let me know!
Thanks!

DMC

Reaction score
Well Del is on his way to Clearlake. Talked to him on the phone early this morning. I will get him all ready for you guys a Big Bear. You better practice he is comming to win. Big Bear that is.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Tell Dell I want to interview him at Big Bear one night. Have him call me 877-721-7515. Thanks. I left a message for him over at Bowfishing Country but I don't think he saw it.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks, I talked to Del today, he was roundin the bend in Boulder City NV with 6 hours to go on the road.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Cant wait to read the stories and see the pics from this bad boy!

soreloser

Reaction score
2 more days!!!!

Who has a report?? Hopefully things have gotten better than last weekend with the warm weather we have had. But I'm not sure yesterday helped matters any.

Anyone see any fish this week?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Talked to Del (DWO) today. They go into BBL yesterday from AZ and found out they had a bad battery charging sytem. They spent all day getting that fixed and only got to scout today and didn't shoot much. No wind he said. I was supposed to be up there today but work got in the way. Gonna be there bright and early tomorrow.

Good luck to those who are in the Round Up.

Gonna hit supper tomorrow night at Old Country Inn if anyone wants to meet up.

http://www.oldcountryinn.net/

augnmike

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks Jesse for a great time. Although no one was in danger of me and my partner taking any prize money we had fun and shot some fish to boot. Thanks again, can't wait to do it again next year.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Good meetin you Mike.

Del and his nephew won with 600+ lbs. Some boys from Fresno gave them a run this year. Jake and his buddy got 1st in shore shootin teams. Entries were the same number as last year. Mike from BB MWD said the shooters took 5,000 lbs of carp, down from last year's 8,000 lbs.

Saturday was good shooting for most teams with SUnday sucking for most. The wind was blowing out of the East Sunday and it screwed the water up bad. Plus the spawn hasn't really happened yet. A few more warm days and it should be on.

Big thanks to MIke Stephenson and BB MWD for the raffle and food. Thanks to all the helpers and volunteers and Terry with a T, marine patrol boat guy, who schleped me around in their boat so I could film teams on the water.

Video I shot this weekend coming up shortly.

Also, Ryan is putting on a cash prize tourney at Lake Henshaw June 21st. We now have 2 cash tournies in SoCal. Now to just get one in the central valley at Millerton Lake or somewhere up there.

soreloser

Reaction score
Actually Sunday was a whole lot nicer to us than Saturday was. Just weren't any fish to be found in the usual spots that have access to the public. More than one 3 fish bag was turned in for the shore teams and we shot a grand total of ZERO fish on Saturday.

Sunday was a different story for us. We managed to find a nice little spot with no wind and the fish were making it happen. If we had gotten there a little earlier it could have made things interesting.

I talked with Jake (1st place) on Sunday morning as we were looking for fish and they said most of there catch came from private docks late in the afternoon. The 2nd place team shot most of there fish on Sunday by sitting in the same place we ended up in, all day long. They weighed in 3 bags of fish on Sunday.

It was a good weekend, minus a little dry fire on the bow and having to stop fishing for 2 hours and all the damn motorcycles...

Rem

Reaction score
What was the biggest fish stuck? no one has pics of any fish?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hold the phone, part 1 of 3 vids.

Huge thanks goes out to Big Bear MWD, Mike Stephenson, all the helpers and all the sponsors like Wally and Donna at Riverside Archery.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HgkTY9o6hk&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HgkTY9o6hk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Part 2

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T74KkxBRmpI"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T74KkxBRmpI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Latest Posts

Top Bottom