6v Battery ?

Possum

Reaction score
I read a post by Tinhorn that says he is using a 6v lantern battery with a MS20.  My ? is can I use the 6v lantern battery with  the standard 5v relay?  I can can't I?  The MS20 regulates the voltage down to around 5 volts doesn't it.  Currently I am using a 9 volt battery with the 5v relay and getting about 10 days to 14 days at the most.  It's always dead when I retrieve it.

I'm sitting here wondering why I didn't use the lantern battery to start with?

(Edited by Possum at 7:51 pm on Dec. 11, 2001)

Steve Jo

Reaction score
WHy dont you just make a C cell battery pack with 6 batteries in series, that's nine volts too.

Possum

Reaction score
Perfect, Don't know why I didn't do that before.  How long are you getting from them?  Did you say 5 weeks?  That would definately be worth it.  Thanks Tinhorn for all of the expertise and the willingness to share.

Steve Jo  I believe the MS20 regulates down to 5 volts so you probably would not need but 4 c size.  However, I am looking for more battery amperage.  I am getting tired of getting about 7 pics in 7-10 days and then the battery going dead.  I guess the 6v has a lot more amperage that makes it last longer.  9 volt batteries seem like they are awful high this year.  Maybe its the Christmas season.:confused-yellow:

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Possum

5 <MONTHS>  of CONTINUOUS USE or really more than that.......  $6 or $7 for an alkaline at Wally-World

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom