• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

73 inch Utah buck

Aught-SixGuy

Been a good year for me, I've filled all my big game tags. First time that's ever happened to me lol. Anyway, I was fortunate enough to draw a CWMU (Cooperative Wildlife Management Unit) Pronghorn tag near my home here in Utah. This tag allowed me to hunt a 5,000 acre private ranch in Utah's West Desert. Opening morning My boys and I headed out to the ranch, and found a group of about 30 speedgoats. There were 5 or 6 bucks in the group, We watched them for an hour or so while I was busy deciding which one was getting the lead injection. There were two really nice bucks, one had the length but small cutters and the other was shorter by an inch or so, but had mass for days and good prongs. I settled on the buck that had the mass. I got settled in for the shot that was maybe a hundred yards tops and once he cleared the does I sent one shot from my home-built .260 Ackley Improved. the 143 ELD-X found its mark and dropped him in his tracks. Best part was having my boys with me to experience the hunt. antelope.jpgpronghorn 2.jpgpronghorn 3.jpg

OPAH

Yes sir ! and to Have a couple of younge ones to follow in the foot steps most be outstanding !

THE ROMAN ARCHER

That speed goat was no match for your artillery.....lol
Nice pics! Wtg thnx 4 sharing!.....tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mikey88

Nice buck! I was out in Utah as well this year for antelope. Shot one very similar to yours. It was a blast.

dustin ray

Congrats on your success on a nice buck and god for you getting your boys out there
And good call on moving to Utah

P304X4

Congrats on your success, looks like those boys are chomping at the bit to fill their own tags some day.

Top Bottom