8 Point Photos

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Today is the last day of the second half of the Archery Season here in Missouri. I was going into town to get some ice melt for the drive and this buck crossed the road in front of me. He stood at 10 yards or less while I gathered some shots. I may try and get out to a stand this afternoon. The problem is that the ground has a couple inches of packed forzen sleet with about a 1/4" of freezing rain on top of it and then an additional covering of snow this morning and that makes it hard to walk in to a stand.

This Little 3 point ws running with the 8

Notice his ears in this shot, even though he has his back to me he is attentively listening.

wtnhunt

Reaction score
Pretty pics. Wish we would get snow here during the seasons once in a while, but just does not happen very often.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (betelgeuse @ Jan 15 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I like #2 the best, cool shot.[/b]
Thanks for the comments. I too like #2 the best, I think it has the best DOF of them all. I still have more that I need to look at and see if they will process nicely.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wtnhunt @ Jan 15 2007, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Pretty pics. Wish we would get snow here during the seasons once in a while, but just does not happen very often.[/b]
Thanks wtnhunt...actually this is about 2" of sleet over a glazing of freezing drizzle, then topped with 6 hours of freezing rain blanketed with a dusting of snow this morning. Snow is hard to find here during deer season (November) this is the last day of the second half of bow season.

Ridn9high

Reaction score
Like the photos hideandwatch
I wish it was still Archery season here, but it ended Dec 31st for bucks. We too got about 2-3 inches of sleet and freezing this past weekend. It makes it tough to go out and do anything with the road being so bad.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Thanks Mike...that's right you are right down in the middle of all the heavy freezing rain. Hope I can make it to work tomorrow. I have only worked 1/2 day since this crap blew in. Be careful!

clutchkiller

Reaction score
Those are great Hideandwatch, I'll give another vote for number two being the best

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Thanks again for the comments, I appreciate it alot.
I have posted in one of the photography forums, Crtique & Techniques. I was given a suggestion to slightly oversaturate the deer and pump the contrast somewhat, and slightly desaturate the trees and also pump the contrast a bit. I have done this and here is the results. The point in doing so was to bring out the deer more in the shot. I beleive this has done so, although I am not sure if I did too much or too little, I am really new to this type of post processing.

What do you think?

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
awesome.. I'd love to shoot whitetails in the snow one of these days.

clutchkiller

Reaction score
Hideandwatch, that is a great job of post processing (same goes for your recent bird post).

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Thanks again Paul and Chris...Im working on getting better and even I think it is showing up in my shots. I was looking at shots that I had taken a year ago and what a difference. Maybe that would be a great topic for another thread "How have your skills improved over the year/years"? and show some shots from early on.....

Top Bottom