800 speed film available at WallyWorld

sven

Reaction score
Hey all.  I haven't been on the site for a while so forgive me if this has been brought up already.

I took a roll of film into Walmart the other day for development, and I noticed they had a bunch of 4 packs of Polaroid 800 speed film on display.  I picked one up for 7.88 (I think).  I also check the regular display, and they have Kodak and Fuji 800 speed film too.  This is the 1st time I've noticed 800 speed film available at same price as lower speed film.

I just put a cam out with this film today, so I'll see how it compares to the 400 film I've been using.

I guess I've got a lot of catching up to do on the digital cams and the latest MS20 mods, so I better get to it. :surprised- purple:

woodsman

Reaction score
I hate to do this to ya but if your using a canon owl it wont work
only 100-200or400 speed  

kmitch

Reaction score
Don't know about the Owls but it works with the Fuji 90. These are some pics, one day and one night with 800 speed film.

The camera was facing South and had shited out of level so the pictures are tilted. The 800 speed film will help to compensate for a weak flash on the camera in the night shots. I'm using 400 speed during the off season but when it comes time to start some seroius scouting, I'm going with 800.

Keith

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Hello folks,

i have used the Kodak 800 speed film for some time now in the Owl PF cameras and it works just fine

the owners manual says it will only work with up to the 400 speed film but it most definately works with the 800 speed with great resulting pic's

Later,

gizz

Reaction score
I thought i remembered you using 800 Gun Docc but I wasn't sure. I figured you was out there somewhere. Did you build a digital yet?

Gun Docc

Reaction score
gizz,

I still got too many Owls lying around yet....hehehe

may tackle the digital cam one of these days though

Later,

woodsman

Reaction score
Thanks Gun Docc ,I don't usually read  the owners manual.
I'll have to try it

(Edited by woodsman at 10:13 pm on June 27, 2002)

MBullism

Reaction score
I think the 800 works but the camera recognizes it as 400.  Don't quote me though (even though I said it, LOL)

Gus

Reaction score
When I first started using my camera I was using 400 speed film and the night pic's didn't always come out very good so I started using 800 speed film and the pictures are great.  I use Kodak 800 speed and get it at Wal-Mart for around 9.00 for a 4-pack.

BULL MOOSE

Reaction score
Your picture quality will be a bit "grainy", but the night pics will be better at longer distances.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom