a casual observation, watching rifle hunting shows.

sancho

Reaction score
these guys are "borderline" pro hunters, right? it amazes me, how often i see a TV hunter using his riflescope as a substitute for binoculars. i admit did it when i was a kid, but now i am very conscious of it.

ok, off my soapbox now...thanks.

biseger

Reaction score
Rifle hunting, Yaaaahhhh oh so boring.

socalkid

Reaction score
They're not pro hunters, more like professional advertisers.

Rob P

Reaction score
They're not pro hunters, more like professional advertisers.
That's funny. Just the other day I was watching the Trijicon show and the hosts are telling me how they use Trijicon because of this and that. I thought "No, You are using Trijicon because the show is called freakin TRIJICON" It was more like a Trijicon infomercial

Some shows I can get into, some I can't.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
They are dong their job, I agree that many just look like pitchmen in camo, but it is kinda expected. The shows don't pay for themselves, so they have to make those paying the bills happy.

I find myself watching less and less shows.

I will say that I try and avoid the "rifle-bow-crossbow-muzz-houndsmen-spear-knife-pistol hunters are this" or that conversations. There are tons of all hunters that are harder working than I am and that make me look like a lazy slob.

Hunt with what you want, hunt ethically and bust your ass doing so. I won't have a problem with you if you do that.

As far as scoping folks, yeah that sucks.

I was bowhunting during the last weekend of the A-zone rifle season last year and was stillhunting through a floodplain/river bottom for the first three hours of the morning. I went as far as I had planned and caught a road ovrlooking the bottom and passed 6 groups of rifle hunters sitting on the high spots watching the bottom.

All had rifles with scopes, none had bino's. I wasn't more than 300yds from any of them, and I know I was in every damn one of their scopes while I was down there.

Main reason I like to hunt wilderness areas;way less people and the ones I see 8 miles back are probably either lost and won't scope me or they are good at what they do and use bino's for looking and scopes for shooting.

I always second guess whether to wear orange or not. One hand it is obviously safer if someone can't assume I am a critter wearing that hi-vis orange, but also if they don't see me across the canyon they can not scope me.

Stay safe guys!

Top Bottom