A Few of the Other 1500+ Pics I Got Last Week

Willy4003

Reaction score
Even the Sclera and the Iris are black.

Rib cages are still showing. It's greening up now. On my run this morning, I saw a total of 5 deer grazing in neighborhood lawns.

"Hello! Can I get some service here, new mineral block please!"

dgl1948

Reaction score
Willy:Great bird picture. I like the background detail with it. Glad to see that your snow is gone. I have a question for you. On one of your posts I noticed that you said you used XLP boards. What do you get for battery life and what kind of temps will they work in? I used to use the Pix boards. I have 3 Sony 600's wired and I am looking for a board for them. I am thinking your winters are not very much differnt than ours so it would give me a good idea as to how they would work here.

Willy4003

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dgl1948 @ Apr 30 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Willy:Great bird picture. I like the background detail with it. Glad to see that your snow is gone. I have a question for you. On one of your posts I noticed that you said you used XLP boards. What do you get for battery life and what kind of temps will they work in? I used to use the Pix boards. I have 3 Sony 600's wired and I am looking for a board for them. I am thinking your winters are not very much differnt than ours so it would give me a good idea as to how they would work here.[/b]
Hey DGL, the boards work great in all temps. They run on 2 coin cell lithium batteries and last a year or more before you have to replace them. I run my cameras all year long in all temps down to 30 or more below zero and windchills of 60 or more below zero, similar to your climate. I've got the XLP in 4 of my S600 builds.

dgl1948

Reaction score
That sounds good to me Willy. I will give them a try. Now, no more talk of winter and snow, I just want to thaw out and enjoy summer.

Willy4003

Reaction score
I highly recommend them and I'm sure you'll have good luck running the XLP. Let me know if you need any more info.

As far as Winter, high of 44 today, still hovering around freezing at night. Just don't be sending any more snow and cold this way and we should be fine.

At home with two sick kids today, poor little ankle-biters.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom