A good buck season for sheds #2

TazBux

Reaction score
G'day.Things are looking a little better on the cold front.We had abit of a cold snap and the stags have started working out the pecking order.I'm trying to find a monster but this was the next best thing.(massive beast,I saw him in the moonlight).I wish I hadn't walked so close to it,but I didn't have a choice realy as it was the only good walking.
What a rut hole.
[attachment=50492:rutthole1.jpg]

[attachment=50493:rutthole2.jpg]

TazBux

Reaction score
I heard a shot ring out and it was on our run so I quickly went to have a look.It was one of our hunters but as I examined his buck (nice one) I noticed this at the fence and it took my eye so hard I didn't even get a pic of his deer.
What a way to go.This is the first buck I have found like this.I saw a doe like it last year.
[attachment=50494:death.jpg]

On the way back to camp I found this buried.It was a first year antler and I broke it pulling it out so I turfed it into the woods never to be seen again (heaps of cracks,very old)
[attachment=50495:picture_541.jpg]

TazBux

Reaction score
The next day I went out hunting for bucks.I was drawn to an area that I was going to just walk through as I could see bucks and does beyond the trees.Well buck hunting soon became another shed hunting episode.I mean "far out" one day i'll be able to go for a walk and not find anything i'm sure.This was the first.Fresh for november07 drop.
[attachment=50496:picture_552.jpg]

THEN THIS CAUGHT MY EYE."YEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAA" I screamed, frightening everything on the entire 11000acre property.I sat at 40 yards away and admired it from a disstance.I grabed my drink out of my bag and took a bite of a mueseli bar."I'm in no hurry to pick this up" I thought.I've got all day,forgeting all about the 1month season thing(dear oh dear).Savouring the moment for 10+ minutes I walked up too it,took a pic and dribbled all over it.Fresh nov07 drop.My highest ever scoring freshy.

My airpunch would have knocked the moon from the sky.
[attachment=50497:horn1.jpg]

Then this after a 3 hour search for it's mate.
[attachment=50498:horn5.jpg]

TazBux

Reaction score
Theirs bone in them thar hills.I found this coming out of a run(the next day).They like hanging in tee tree's.I radioed My father and told him I'm on my way back out
He said "I found something for you".He had walked in this exact spot 10 minutes before I got their."Could he have the match I thought".But it wasn't to be.
This is what I found.The rain was coming down,so the bush wasn't like oaties or cornflakes to walk on.
[attachment=50499:horn2.jpg]

The next day I went back to look for the big freshymate but found only this after a grid pattern of 4 hours.
[attachment=50500:horn3.jpg]

TazBux

Reaction score
The roundup.With the shed my Father found (freshy) on the left and a chewed one on the right. lol and what I look like after a week in the bush with a river for a shower and 5 hours sleep a day for 3 weeks.One week to get that buck.(It's the fun of it)
[attachment=50501:airpunch.jpg]

MULIES4EVER

Reaction score
It is fun to read along on your adventure. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the finds!

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Taz, you're really hounding them, man! Goodness, gracious, GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom