A Goose Festival This Weekend?

Duck Fan

Reaction score
I wonder what impacts - if any - the holding of the "Snow Goose Festival", with field trips to the refuges, will have on the last weekend of the duck hunting season?  My local paper had a pull out section describing the festival, field trips, etc. which will be held Sat and Sun, Jan 19-20.  I assume with more bird watchers out at Sac and Grey Lodge (and other areas) that they may scare a few birds out of the closed zone?  But, then again, maybe the bird watchers will hear the sounds of gun fire and voice concern.

Perhaps they have held these "festivals" before during the season and I just hadn't noticed.

Just curious what others think. I'm not saying it is good or bad...just interesting that they would hold it on what could be a very crowded hunting weekend.

d trees

Reaction score
Duck fan when I hunt at union tract at the saton sea on saturdays there seems to be quite a few bird watchers next to the clozed zone this past saturday there was around 15 to 20 although they didnt push us out any birds this time , when they were done they drove around by the road where we unload and as they drove by giving me dirty looks I gave them the biggest SMILE and WAVE hello they had ever seen I think it shocked em good boy did I enjoy that,d

Duck Fan

Reaction score
d trees....I like that.  I can see the smile on your face....

Like I said, I don't think it is good or bad, but I wonder if it has had any impact (pro or con) on a hunting weekend when you hold a 'festival' at that time.  I have seen some watchers out there at various times and thats fine.  But if they get a good turnout at these things (I don't know if they do or not?), then it makes me wonder if there are any impacts.  My hope is that it will help by having several groups driving the roads and all - more than on a normal weekend.

Darren

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at the yolo bypass site and it said on the sunday of the junior hunt there was gonna be a tour there and by the looks of it is kinda close to the hunt areas so.......

Latest Posts

Top Bottom