A little help please

Wino

My 9-year-old son has a friend named Eddy that is very sick. It broke my heart to have to tell him his best friend has cancer. He cried himself to sleep 2 nights in a row after that. That was 3 months ago. We were hopeful that Eddy would respond to treatment and these 2 boys would be playing together again soon. I have just found out that that will not be the case. Now I have to prepare myself for the awful task of telling my son he is going to lose his best friend soon. Children normally learn about the death and grief of a loved one through pets and grandparents first. Maybe other older people who have come into there lives. This prepares them for the day when they will have to say bye to a parent or someone close. But this...this is too soon. He's not ready. S##t! Neither am I. So I'm going to post a link to his friend Eddy's gofundme page. Please help! Please share.

Thanks
Wino

https://www.gofundme.com/eduardo-carrillo-cancer-treatment

Revo2811

Damn man that is awful will pray for the family and will visit the go fund me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wino

Eddy passed away in the early morning on Memorial Day. My boy took it bad. But he's getting better.

Last edited:

Sarghunter

WINO

There ARE no Words that can Take that Hurt AWAY , TIME BECOMES the best Healer

You sound like an AWESOME Dad who places the Priority in the Well Being of YOUR Son and His Feelings

JUST a thought take your Son a a Special outing that .your Son & Eddy used to enjoying and dedicate the Day to EDDY

jackrabbit

Time will heal. But there are things that help. Having your son write a letter to his deceased friend could help. Inviting friends of Eddy to get together for a dinner, BBQ, or other type of gathering to express memories and related emotions would help. Shared expressions of memories and current pain/emotion helps get the grieving more tolerable and a faster adjustment.

Ask him about his dreams. No Freudian interpretation, just what emotions he feels immediately upon awakening from a dream. The dream does not have to be about Eddy, it is the emotion that is a primary indicator.

Not trying to be an arm chair therapist, just throwing out some ideas. I hope your son gets to his baseline emotional level rapidly -- memories of grade school age issues tend to last up to a lifetime

PS: The letter is not for mailing. It is for self keeping or destroying after written.

Last edited:

Wino

My son is part of Eddie's family. He's treated like one of their own. He's goes up to their house every few days (they live 4 doors over) to play with the puppy Eddy got from make a wish. He talked to his school consular the other day and everything went well. He's been having a hard time at school because kids keep asking him how is Eddie. He was not allowed to talk about it by request from Ed's parents. Well tomorrow the school well learn of his passing and my son will be able to talk about with other kids. That could be good or bad.

Wino

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Often (at least for me) talking about it is therapeutic. I pray for your son and Eddie's family to rely on the happy memories and move forward, remembering the fun and companionship that they all received from Eddie's life. Blessings, my friend ...

Top Bottom