a little light show!

foulshot

Reaction score
I was heading back out to my in-laws after meeting COHunter for dinner and got a good light show, here are a few pics. Just glad I was carrying my camera with me. Both pics adjusted in ps elements and taken with the DRebel.

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
thats awesome.. getting some lightning is still on my todo list.. how did you set up for them?? were you outside in the rain? what about cam settings??

this one is sweet

foulshot

Reaction score
Chris, I was outside but the rain hadn't reached me yet. The show was about 1 mile away. As soon as it started to rain and 1 strike was 1/4 mile away I packed it up and headed for the house. I was set up on a tripod and set the camera in Shutter mode. The first one was 4sec and F3.5 and manual focus(which was rather hard since there was no light whatsoever except for the lightning). The second was 3.2 sec and f4.5. Both of them were post processed in PS elements. I would love to catch another lighting show sometime, maybe I'll pull some stills off the video camera.

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning! I was hoping last time I was in Ariz. that the monsoons would be going full force so I could get some pics of the lightening.

Great job Foulshot!

g-hog

Reaction score
Foulshot, Thats some awesome lightning. Great capture!!! We had a pretty good storm come through the other night and I was oging to stand on the pourch and try to get a couple pics, but remembered my cmera was in the truck and I wasn't about to run out from under cover to get it........Great Job

GHog

shadow

Reaction score
That is really cool! Two thumbs up!! and two big toes two.

Top Bottom