A Mix

Rossco

Reaction score
Yes i was just curious has anyone ever herd of a cross mix between a mule deer and a whitetail or a deer and an elk? just something i was thinking of on a rainy day and thought somebody would have fun with it.  well if so then does any of you have pictures? well thanks again.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
I have read accounts from guys in the west, and guys in canada, and they claim to have "hybrids", a cross between mule deer and whitetails. I believe I read that a whitetailed buck will breed a mule deer doe, but a mule deer  buck will not breed a whitetailed doe.(maybe I got it backwards).  But they claim to have the regular characteristics as a whitetail, but the bucks grow tremendously large racks (wide, with split branched tines). I have even heard grumbling from guys that claim the P&Y, and Boone and Crockett should make a special category for these "hybrids". Can anyone else add anything to this???

glen71

Reaction score
I understand that when whitails move into mule deer range, the mulies are displaced and some hybrids have been observed. You would think it would be vice versa.  

robNhood

Reaction score
On a slightly different subject, I was watching one of the Sunday hunting shows on TNN and they showed a much smaller whitetail chase off a fat mule deer during the rut.

Top Bottom