A neat website.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
This is not really cam related, but after seeing Richard's post and his topo map, I figured he may get a kick out of this.  

About a year ago, I friend at work showed me I site which I thought was really cool.  It is called :
http://www.terraserver.com.  It is hosted by Microsoft and it contains USGA satallite photos of many different areas across the US.  Last time I checked, about 40% of the US was mapped.  

I played around with it last year and actually pulled up an arial view of my hunting camp near Crystal Springs, Ms.  I could not remember my long. and lat. coordinates of my property, so I pulled up their map and followed it until I got to my property.  It has GREAT resolution and I could actually make out a few of my shooting houses, food plots, and my farm pond!  Check it out at:  

http://home.earthlink.net/~claydubois/_wsn/page4.html

Once you type in your property location  on Terraserver, you can zoom in and out until you get the area you want.  They have  a partnership with Kodak on the site which allows you to purchase different size pictures of your site.  

I simply got some screen capture software and cut and pasted screen shots of my property in the mid zoom range and then pasted them together on a poster board.  I now have a 36" x 24" layout of my property (approx 1 mile square).
Check it out on my website on I plan on using it to hang on the wall at the hunting camp.  When one of use goes to the stand, we place a pin at the location we are planning to hunt so no one else walks up on us.  Check out the site.  The government adds locations every year.  I was fortunate enough that they added my property to the database just last year, so it was really up to date.  

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Opps, I was just going through some of Jesses's other website pages and found that he has a good page on arial photos, including Terraserver.  Sorry, did not mean to repeat information already posted on this great site.  

Advertisement

Top Bottom