A Plea For Help

Rooter

Reaction score
I have built several RS-PIR equipped cams.  I have tried to make an MS20 equipped sensor, but there are so many different threads that I am MAJORLY confused.  I can copy what I can clearly see so here is my question.  Would anyone be willing to sell me an MS20 that is already modified or a simple MS20/timer combination.  If I have a list of the parts and an example to go from I can easily make my own.  If a timer is involved I would need a basic one. I just want to try the MS20, but have been frustrated and unsuccesful in my efforts.  If anyone is willing let me know.  I might be willing to trade something if money does not interest someone.  I can also buy the parts and send them to you.  I also understand that you guys may have better things to do.  Thanks Home-brewers

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
How about e-mailing you some pictuers? that would be cheaper, and they are REAL easy to modify. If you want to go that route, I can send part #'s and junk you would need.

Butch

TmKarren

Reaction score
If you want.  Message me.  I will make you one with three time delays.

Rooter

Reaction score
I can use any help that I can get.  I started an MS20 and am stuck.  

Thanks

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Root I have 2 e-mails coming your way. I have to dig out the part # for the 9vdc relay I use. Will get it to you shortly

Butch

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
Rooter,

THIS IS WHAT THE FORUM IS ALL ABOUT, ABSOLUTELY THE BEST PEOPLE WHO WILL HELP NO MATTER THE TYME OR COST. IM JUST GLAD TO SEE THIS TYPE OF COMMUNICATION.
CONGRATS. FORUM
>-BOHUNTER->:toast-yellow:

davered1

Reaction score
Rooter,

If you want I will modify one (with the 5 V RELAY)and mail it to you. Then when you get it you can just mail me back a un-modified board and the relay and LED.you can power this with 4 c cell or 4 D cell or 4 AA cell or 1 6V lantern, it's up to you.

Let me know can throw one in the mail tomorrow :smiley-thumbs-up:

Rooter

Reaction score
Here is what I have so far.  The relay is a RS 275-232.  I thought this would be ok for 2 9 volt batts in parallel.  I am absolutely lost at this point.  No idea where the attery leads go or the one end of the relay gets attached and where the wires to the cam come from.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
The Red wire goes to battery (+), the Black wire is to batt (-)

The 2 blue wires go to the camera shutter.  The blue wires are connected to the contact terminals of the relay (which are the one pointed up on your pix and the center terminal on the other end of the relay.

You should add a pigtail to the terminal pointing up down to any empty trace to prevent the camera wire from jerking the relay terminal around, Reed relays are sensitive about any twisting of their contact terminals.

You should consider 4 "C" cells to run the MS 20, you'll get way , way, way more battery life (not counting over-voltage on the reed relay's coil possibley shortening it's life).....

Rooter

Reaction score
Thanks Tinhorn I can see the light at the end of the tunnel of course that could be the flash residual in my eye from wiring and testing the Owl PF.  I will use the 4 c batts as you suggested.  Any idea where to find a 4 c holder though? So red (1) goes to where I removed photvoltaic and black (2) goes to what appears to be L3?  Your photo is kind of fuzzy at the end.  I should take the open terminal (3) and solder it down to any open hole  and then run wire off from that (4) to shutter?  Then the open hole by the end of the relay (5) where I have marked is for second shutter wire?  Thanks for your expertise Tinhorn.  When this is all done I think I will put up a page to help guys like me that don't have your skills.  I know there are pages up, but for simple folk like me I needed more.  I will pay you guys back for your help.  Believe me your assistance is appreciated! .

davered1

Reaction score
Rooter,

You got it!!! you can power it that way or the way it shows in jesse's mod's both are the same end result.

Why didn't you say thats all you needed? :smiley-thumbs-up:

)

(Edited by davered1 at 12:01 am on Mar. 14, 2002)

jayber

Reaction score
I wasn't able to find the 4-C holder at the RS stores.....had to order them online or over the phone.

wildman

Reaction score
If I use this set up what will my delay time be. And on the pics is that all I will need. If not does any one have pics like this. Thanks very much for any help.

jdogrules

Reaction score
The pictures with the explanations really help -- Thanks Rooter for taking the time to add pictures. It makes this thread really helpful to the newbies of the game cam world like myself.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom