A zone archery down

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Well, so much for A-zone archery season. Congrats to you guys who scored!

I only got out once, and hit the trail a little too late in the afternoon. The deer had already fed out into the open, so the trails I'd been staking out were no good.

So, then... next up is A-zone rifle and B-zone archery, all starting around the middle of next month. Who's got big plans?

Backcountry

Reaction score
Hold on there just a second... A-zone archery season is open until half an hour after sunset on Sunday August 1st... you and everyone else (except BDB and Hoyt Predator) still have 10 days to fill that tag. What happened to quitters never win and winners never quit and all that?

Git some... do it for the children! I got my fingers crossed for you!

Backcountry

p.s. As far as big plans go, I'm going scouting this weekend in A20 with in2blacktail the gimp, aka BDB and his bum shoulder. Seeing how he's bringing some fresh venison steaks I won't mind too much if I end up having to carry his pack, but it's going to cost him a foot massage!

wmidbrook

Reaction score
I'm planning a 3 day weekend for the August 21 archery opener either in B1/B3 or D3.

Meanwhile, I can hunt the vinyard a few times with my AO tag in the A zone...no rifles allowed there so it should still be okay thru the rifle season too.

BDB

Reaction score
Backcountry: I'm not bringing that much rum !!!!!! If that's the cost, I'll be carrying my own pack no matter what.

Speck: Did you only have a limited time to hunt A? Can you get back in there during the rifle season with the bow? Sounds like there are some big 'uns worth chasing in there!

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Well dang, something's gone wacky with my calendar... I gotta stop relying on these electronic gizmos (or learn to use them properly). I got a big alarm popped up on my screen yesterday telling me that A-zone archery was over at sunset!

D'oh!

I could say it's because I'm working too hard the last couple of weeks, and my mind is a little jello-like in consistency. But that whole jello thing... well, that's the norm for me, so I can't blame work.

Anyway, I still have more opps to get out. I'm kinda pinning my hopes on rifle season at the ranch, when the big boys start crossing the fence to check out the ladies. But after a second look at the regs book, and turning off this stupid calendar application, I'll probably go sit on my hill a couple more times before then.

Sometimes I scare myself.

Backcountry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Speckmisser@Jul 22 2004, 09:38 PM
I got a big alarm popped up on my screen yesterday telling me that A-zone archery was over at sunset! 
Give yourself some credit Speckmisser and think about this... us JHO regulars may not know the NASCAR schedule by heart, or when the Bud-girls are coming back to town for their next jello wresting match, or even how long that tri-tip has been marinating in the 'fridge, but we shure-as-shootin' know when deer season opens and closes, you especially!

I smell a conspiracy and it's ripe! Or is that the tri-tip? Don't matter... Them PETA fools have done gone and hacked into your palm pilot, buggered up your calander, and are up to no good! Next thing you know they'll be fiddling with your tactical vehicle causing it to slide off the road. Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K... so you be careful!

Backcountry

Speckmisser

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I smell a conspiracy and it's ripe! Or is that the tri-tip? Don't matter... Them PETA fools have done gone and hacked into your palm pilot, buggered up your calander, and are up to no good! Next thing you know they'll be fiddling with your tactical vehicle causing it to slide off the road. Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K... so you be careful![/b]
I think you're onto something, Backcountry. Yupp... that's gotta be it!

Heck, it's probably those same nuts who keep sabotaging Jesse's PETA truck. They've put an implant in my brain, and danged near made me cut myself out of 10 days of archery season!

I need some therapy. Anybody got a chisel and a sharp knife? Gotta get them out of my head!!!

In other news.. it's way too late for me to still be up. Beddy bye time....

blazintowers

Reaction score
Just another many reasons why I love this site so much, there is always some good read somewhere.......Happy Friday, Blazin

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
I think this was specks plan to keep ya'll out of the woods. While he talks about ''working'' all the time and being ''busy'' I have it on good authority he hasnt showed up to work sense the opener of A zone.........

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
It started as Speckmisser, it got rename to Roadmisser, and now Calendar-Misser or should it be Last-Ten-Day-Archery-Azone-Misser?....

L2H

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Well, good thing I got the dates wrong. I didn't get to hunt today, but while I was riding the horse this afternoon I saw the buck of my dreams! Seriously, he looked like a miniature elk. His rack is real narrow and tall, and he was stretched out browsing on some brush when I saw him. I didn't try to get too close, because I'm pretty sure he's bedding right there in that same area.

So let's see... August 1, right? Hmmmm....

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I saw the buck of my dreams! Seriously, he looked like a miniature elk. His rack is real narrow and tall[/b]
speck....you are a seriously warped hunter......give me wide WIDE!!!

Backcountry

Reaction score
Because I care, and because I fear the PETA fools may have tried to bugger your analog calendar too, let it be known that A-zone archery season closed last night 30 minutes after sunset.

Don't fret, A-zone general season opens Saturday August 14th. You'll get him!

Backcountry

Latest Posts

Top Bottom