A Zone South & D-13 Buck Hunting

aerospace90248

Reaction score
Hello Fellas,

I am looking for an experienced mature/responsible deer hunter I can tag along with this upcoming deer season. I don't really have anyone to hunt with and it's not safe to go alone. I have my A zone tag and a D-13 tag along with a annual hunters license for Fort Liggitt A Zone (South)snd have never hunted deer before. I have been doing research but still would like someone experienced to teach me the ropes for deer hunting. If anyone is interested PM me. Any information or help is greatly appreciated. :JHO rocks:
Thank You,

Trinidad

Hunter0331

Reaction score
FHL is like an auction the first weekend that opens, about 400 plus hunters!! My buddy said is now a raffle in order to avoid chaos!! however if you do not get selected then your 3-4 hour drive was for nothing.....

TA 29 is good shotgun/muzzleloader/Archery. if you have a chance park on the second gate walk about 200 yards and hike into the little hills on your right side.

I use to go to FHL, but now that VAFB is way closer and less hunter the opening day well I will take VAFB any day.

D-13 well been there done that... East Frazier Trail gotten some nice bucks...
Apache Cyn is good too, however a whole lot of hunters depending where you go.

I am stationed in TN now, just hope some of this information is useful.

Good luck this season.

easymoney

Reaction score
What hunter said about FHL. Best to hook up with someone there, won't be any shortage.
I stopped hunting D13 during the rifle period after being shot at. There are some good spots, but it gets very crowded. Try packing in away from the roads or camp sites.

aerospace90248

Reaction score
FHL is like an auction the first weekend that opens, about 400 plus hunters!! My buddy said is now a raffle in order to avoid chaos!! however if you do not get selected then your 3-4 hour drive was for nothing.....

TA 29 is good shotgun/muzzleloader/Archery. if you have a chance park on the second gate walk about 200 yards and hike into the little hills on your right side.

I use to go to FHL, but now that VAFB is way closer and less hunter the opening day well I will take VAFB any day.

D-13 well been there done that... East Frazier Trail gotten some nice bucks...
Apache Cyn is good too, however a whole lot of hunters depending where you go.

I am stationed in TN now, just hope some of this information is useful.

Good luck this season.
WOW!! I had no idea there were that many hunters st FHL on opeing day. I would hate to make that drive and not be able to hunt. It's almost four hours for me to get there. Don't you have to be a DoD civilian or, retired or military personal to hunt VAFB? I work at a Aerospace Mfg company that makes parts for the DoD. I wonder if that counts? I like to try and stay away from the crowds. I'll try scounting those spots you mentioned and see what I come up with.

Thank You,
Trinidad

aerospace90248

Reaction score
What hunter said about FHL. Best to hook up with someone there, won't be any shortage.
I stopped hunting D13 during the rifle period after being shot at. There are some good spots, but it gets very crowded. Try packing in away from the roads or camp sites.

Being shot at would definitly scare the heck of almost anyone not to mention really piss me off.:mad-fumin-red: Was it on purpose or they thought you were a two legged Deer? What did you do to avoid being hit? I'll be sure to stay clear of the camp sights and roads.

Thank You,
Trinidad

Hunter0331

Reaction score
Being shot at would definitly scare the heck of almost anyone not to mention really piss me off.:mad-fumin-red: Was it on purpose or they thought you were a two legged Deer? What did you do to avoid being hit? I'll be sure to stay clear of the camp sights and roads.

Thank You,
Trinidad
Scary but so freaken true!!!! a while back like many moons ago out at
D-13, I remember it was an afternoon hunt with my buddy and from a distance you hear some rapid fire!!! three long burst of I don't know what :smiley_chain_gun_an:deer::flameout: I mean if they were even shooting at a legal deer poof there goes the meat, ready to eat with all that firepower.....

Hunter0331

Reaction score
WOW!! I had no idea there were that many hunters st FHL on opeing day. I would hate to make that drive and not be able to hunt. It's almost four hours for me to get there. Don't you have to be a DoD civilian or, retired or military personal to hunt VAFB? I work at a Aerospace Mfg company that makes parts for the DoD. I wonder if that counts? I like to try and stay away from the crowds. I'll try scounting those spots you mentioned and see what I come up with.

Thank You,
Trinidad
DOD working for VAFB, it never hurts to apply for a new job and a lot's of hunting to go around.

aerospace90248

Reaction score
DOD working for VAFB, it never hurts to apply for a new job and a lot's of hunting to go around.

Aint that the truth. I'll see what openings there are. I'm actually working on a consulting firm dealing with state funds & training and development. Need a day job though to get the biz off the ground.

:smiley-mouse:
Trinidad

aerospace90248

Reaction score
Scary but so freaken true!!!! a while back like many moons ago out at
D-13, I remember it was an afternoon hunt with my buddy and from a distance you hear some rapid fire!!! three long burst of I don't know what :smiley_chain_gun_an:deer::flameout: I mean if they were even shooting at a legal deer poof there goes the meat, ready to eat with all that firepower.....

Some people will never get it. Those are the mones putting our rights at risk.:skeered:

Trinidad

Latest Posts

Top Bottom