A11 / X-6a Info?

clarkb

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to draw the California A11 archery tag. I am now starting the planning and scouting process. I have never been up that way and was wondering if anyone has hunted or scouted it recently.

I am looking to shoot my first buck. Of course I would like it to be a big one, but I will also not hesitate to put an arrow in the first legal buck I can get a clean shot on.

I am thinking I want to hunt the timber areas more than the open sagebrush flats.

If anyone has any info they could share on this zone it would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if anyone would be interested but, me and a group of guys hunted Clear Lake Zone 2 Antelope last year and I would be more than happy to share what we learned.

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone this season!

fixitquick79

Reaction score
I have seen some monster muleys in the Hungry Creek area. Also the north east and east of Antelope Lake are good as well.

clarkb

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have heard from a few people that the Antelope Lake area is good.

Bossbrott

Reaction score
The top of the summit up from Milford also holds some nice bucks. Bring your shotgun also, as itsloaded with quail. As I recall, the canyon was called Cottonwood? The rd up the Milford Grade is a decent dirt rd, but I wouldnt haul a trailer up there. Antelope lk has a nice campground, and it burned a few times in the lastcpl of years. Fished it a few weeks ago as Ive been stuck working the prison, and the fishin g was alright. Seen quite a few deer at Antelope, no horns though. With the amt of deer I saw, thewres gotta be plenty of bucks in there.

Bossbrott

Reaction score
Thanks, I kinda got caught up, leave the shotgun at home!:skeered:

bux-n-dux

Reaction score
I can't tell you the amount of times I have bagged a limit of quail and shot a deer in the same day. Oh, wait....yes I can: None!!

However, I HAVE bagged a deer once, or we have gotten deer in our camp and were glad to have shotguns for the post-deer quail hunt. I never go into the woods without a 12 guage. But then again I'm not an archery hunter.

ZEKEDAWG

Reaction score
I believe it would be technically illegal to have a shotgun with you while archery hunting.

Gun shots may work to your disadvantage, but they can also work to your advantage.
dfg regs
354 (h)
(h) Except as provided in subsection 353(g), archers may not possess a firearm while hunting in the field during any archery season, or
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]while hunting during a general season under the provisions of an archery only tag.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Firearm defined[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Firearms are defined under Penal Code Section 12001. The definition of a firearm under 12001(b) states that “firearm” means “any device, designed to be used as a weapon, from which is expelled through a barrel a projectile by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.” [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]I suggest leaving the shot gun back at camp. or at home.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Latest Posts

Top Bottom