A22

sportyg

Reaction score
I know most of us old timers have our spots.. But was just wondering has anyone been scouting the area or are there still to many weelenders running around down there.. I have been thinking about going up and doing some backpacking for a couple of days next month.

Sumpnneedskillin

Reaction score
I've been looking at a new spot that has seen some hunting traffic before but I'm going to set up a trail cam and see if it's worth setting up in this new spot. Might try heading up next weekend to do some scouting.

SDhunter2

Reaction score
I'll be up at the same spot this year.I have been lazy and have not put up a new tree stand. I like ground hunting.

Vermonster

Reaction score
Headed up tomorrow to climb a few trees. Sat in the same stands last year, and the darn things kept going around the wrong side of the thick stuff...... :mad-fumin-red:

Gonna try to put myself in a better position..... :roll-wink-green:

DBAR

Reaction score
Heck I just have a climber so, if there not going to right line of sight, I'll just switch trees next trip up :) Sean when ya want to head up to do a lil scouting?

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Things have been looking good up there so far from what I have seen.

One Track

Reaction score
I was up there tonight to change out batteries and cards on my two cams. But, uh oh! Where'd they go? Dang Nabbit!!!! I guess I should not have left them out all year. But, still, theft sucks! I'm amazed that the thiefs, or antis, even found themselves in one of the spots. These were the expensive kind too.

How are those WalMart specials working for you guys?

Saw eight deer. Two good bucks. Two little bucks.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
That really blows!

I just bought one and have yet to use it in the field but the Wildgame Innovations cheapo cams get pretty good reviews. The Moultrie 4.0's that we have been using are good enough too.

JNDEER

Reaction score
I was up there tonight to change out batteries and cards on my two cams. But, uh oh! Where'd they go? Dang Nabbit!!!! I guess I should not have left them out all year. But, still, theft sucks! I'm amazed that the thiefs, or antis, even found themselves in one of the spots. These were the expensive kind too.

Sorry to hear that...that really sux when they get taken. I have not had that happen yet, but I have "missplaced" a few..put them up and go back 4 months later and can't find them.

As for the WalMart cheapos
http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/blacktail-deer-hunting/171923-few-pics-year.html

here are some pics I have taken. I do like the stealth cam 35mm(the last pics are from the 35mm). I can run 30 days on a set of batteries. They are cheap and do work well. If you want something a little better I really like the Stealth Cam digitals (older versions like the i390, i490 etc) You can buy the 6v rechargeable battery and it will last around 60-90 days or so. the stealths you can pick up for $50-$100 and the battery pack for around $30. So not a bad investment.

DBAR

Reaction score

That Sucks!!!!! I hope the batteries caught fire and burned there car the ground!!!

Raully

Reaction score
Went up today to check the stands and cams. No bucks on the cams, but there was a pic of a big lion taking a dookie right in front of my cousins stand LOL! He's a big sucker to. I did see lots of new and heavy sign around my stand so thats good.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
lets see that lion pic! I've had bobkitties but no big cats yet.

One Track

Reaction score
Yep. I'll give the cheaper cams a try. I'd love to see a cat up there. I see tracks every once in awile, and I deserve to at least see what gives me the willies every time I walk in or out in the dark.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
It's not the kitties that give you the willies. It's wondering if SD killed anything from your stand while you were in a duck blind that makes you hear noises!!!!

SDhunter2

Reaction score
Moultrie has $40 a pop digitals I am buying. Hec my old film cam did a good job. $40.00 for a digi is fine with me.

Raully

Reaction score
Spill the beans. Where can I get a cam for $40?

I'll try and get the pic form him, but it may be a while. He's leaving to the sierrias for a camping trip and then to Utah for PLM tag Muley hunt. Trust me when I say it was big kitty. I've seen his tracks up there last year and he's been eating good. He's hanging out all around the recreation area and has a big area he is covering. I might move my stand now.

DBAR

Reaction score
Hey Raully
we need to go out when the weather cools off. Bumped one out of his bed :)

SDhunter2

Reaction score
Moultrie has $40 a pop digitals I am buying. Hec my old film cam did a good job. $40.00 for a digi is fine with me.

After further review it was the mount for $40 I ended buying the moultrie 4.0 for $87 with memory card at Wallymart.

srfnkill

Reaction score
Last year Walmart had the Moultrie cams in around august and most stores had them for 75 but the walmart near the 8 and 15 had them for 47. I asked why so cheap and they said because they did sell that many so that store lowered the price. Also last year they had the cheap Wildview for 25. I bought that one first but it sucked!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom