A31 question...Other side of San Gabriel Dam question..parking lot across burro canyon

support420

Reaction score
So I have been hunting this area for the past 3 weeks...Took some shots, missed , spooked a mountain lion saw a coyote...Real fun stuff.

So I met some hunters and they were telling me that this area is only bow - no rifle? is this true ?

So this week when its packed with hunters for the opener , does that mean us archers can still be on other side of the water (depth level permitting) and hunt with out the rifle folks ?

Thanks guys.:confused-yellow:

markt800

Reaction score
they are very right.

but the illegals don't care and will be doing it for sure.

support420

Reaction score
with all these hunters..why arent the rangers doing there job ? Geez...there is only one road into Azusa Cyn...Hmm

solus

Reaction score
because they are all back at there warm cozy offices drinking coffee and hot chocolate talking about what they are gonna do this weekend?

baco

Reaction score
The archery only area is a county/city ordanice. There are a few forest service employees who know the rules and try to enforce them but the vast majority are too busy picking up the trash left behind by the slum of the earth that visit the area every weekend.

Revo2811

Reaction score
Is there any maps ? I was planning on going up in that area?

QuackAssassin

Reaction score
all i know if i found myslef a hunnyhole that doesnt allow use of firearms and literally no one hunts the area.. its just a matter of time befor I have my freezer full :prayin :

PACKAROO

Reaction score
d-11 Remember to call the cops, because it is a county ordinance and they have jurisdiction. And so does the dfg. Its not fair that alot of guys go in there with rifle. Then their excuse always is they dont speak english. whhat happened to responsible hunting?
i could go over there and make some excellent money if i devoted all my hunting time to just calling on the wardens to bust all the violations that definitly will be happening there in azusa cyn, but im going hunting in d14. i got potential money to be made over here too. Seriously , if you call cal-tip you will get a few hundred to a thousand dolllars if there is an arrest. good luck and keep your cell phone close.

support420

Reaction score
Good point but I just remembered. No cell service in that area :(

LoneHntr

Reaction score
there are tiny areas where you can legally hunt with shotguns in the canyon. Remember, 1 mile from a road & your good. Ive seen guys take bucks with rifles in the past with no problem.

jackman

Reaction score
I saw a group of hunters up GMR that shot a bear (It was rotting in the back of a pickup ) Also while I was standing their -5 guys with smoke poles came out of the archery only area carrying 2 bucks. All taken with rifles in the A31 zone.
Forest service showed up didnt have a clue what to do -all hunters left- No fines no tickets

Could it maybe be that they have not much money or wealth to waste Fish and games time? I triied to educate these hunters-but they didnt speak English and I dont speak Spanish-

Be careful out their

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom