A31 tag question?

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
If I take a Doe with my A31 tag and pack It out, do I need to bring the head out?

kabose1

Reaction score
License tags shall be attached to the ear, leg, or largest portion of meat of
antlerless immediately after killing. If the head is removed and not retained,
evidence of sex in the form of udder or vulva must remain naturally attached.
Boned out or quartered animals shall have evidence of sex naturally attached
to a portion of the meat. The license tag shall be kept attached to the ear, leg,
or largest portion of meat of an antlerless until processed and then shall be
retained for 15 days after the close of the season.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
So as with a Buck the scull cap would be acceptable?

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
"If the head is removed and not retained,".
They are providing options, so yes, the skull cap would be sufficient. In short you need one form of sex, the head/skull cap, Vulva, or udder/teat. The vulva and/or udder must be left naturally attached (a patch of skin containing the vulval or skin. The head.skull cap is the only option that is not required to be attached. I'd go with an udder, as it would be the lightest way to go, and I debone that vast majority of my harvests anyway. However, the vulva would be the most convincing way to go, considering it is a 100% positive determination of sex.

Strap Assassin

Reaction score
Evidence of species and sex. Leave 6"x6" patch of hide along with evidence of sex and you are good.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Vulva freaking Vulva what we talking the youhooo and if so how do you bone out a dear and leave the Yoohoo attached?
How do you Bone out a deer and leave A nipple Attached? Why can't I skin the head back to frone ears attached put the tag on it roll it into a bag and be done with it?
Why should i have to freaking carry a Yoohoo back with me?

Wild1

Reaction score
.....because they (dfw) want evidence of gender/sex. Like noted above, this is an easy fix, just leave sex organ attached to rear quarter. If boning out, just leave sex organ attached to largest portion of meat.

This is simple, don' make it more difficult than it is - if you can't identify the sex organ then you have others issues.

Revo2811

Reaction score
Dfw wants make sure it's legal harvest . Not a spike. so cover your a$$ keep the package

Man of few words

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Not and issue just thought that the Scull cap and ears would be good enough, But if the GW wants the Vulva he'll get the Vulva

"if you can't identify the sex organ then you have others issues."
I can tell the difference between a Vagina and a rectum!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom