A32

ChrisAMX

Done with D13 and now moving on to A32, a hunt that I've never done before. I have hunted Pine Mt. and Dick Smith wilderness once during a A Zone hunt, but that is my only experience in area. So that means I'll be accepting any and all tips regarding this Zone. Thanks in advance!

jbao

I'm also curious about this tag. It's kind of in my hood (Thousand Oaks) but accessibility to the lower part of the NF was always questionable

Stoney36

Hey guys, I have an A32 tag, couldn’t get out there this past weekend. Hopefully soon.....I hunted a few different areas in LPNF for the first time last season, saw quite a few does during my scouting trip before the season, but only a couple during my hunts. Lot of deer around Pine Mt. But that area isn’t in the zone. All the bucks seem to be hanging out in people’s backyards. Hmm.....Not a lot of access around what little forest land is available, either, tough hunting. A lot of private property and from what I’ve read/seen, getting “creative” may be your best bet and baggin something. Id say pay attention to the weather, find water, find food, find deer. Work smarter not harder type of thing. I’m new to this forum and this is actually my first post. Not a lot of info about this area...but there are only 250 tags to begin with. Hope to hear some stories and maybe some more insight about this zone!

ChrisAMX

Hey guys, I have an A32 tag, couldn’t get out there this past weekend. Hopefully soon.....I hunted a few different areas in LPNF for the first time last season, saw quite a few does during my scouting trip before the season, but only a couple during my hunts. Lot of deer around Pine Mt. But that area isn’t in the zone. All the bucks seem to be hanging out in people’s backyards. Hmm.....Not a lot of access around what little forest land is available, either, tough hunting. A lot of private property and from what I’ve read/seen, getting “creative” may be your best bet and baggin something. Id say pay attention to the weather, find water, find food, find deer. Work smarter not harder type of thing. I’m new to this forum and this is actually my first post. Not a lot of info about this area...but there are only 250 tags to begin with. Hope to hear some stories and maybe some more insight about this zone!
The other side of 33 from Pine Mt looks to be in the zone according to the Map

Attachments

Stoney36

Pine Mt. Is located N of Sespe Creek, E of HWY 33 as you head N past Gypsum Mine & Pine Mtn Ridge Rd. None of that area is in A32. You can hunt W of 33 from the SB County line down until Sespe Creek, which runs E past the Condor Sanctuary, S towards Fillmore, and then back E towards the 5...

OPAH

Cabin flats, Lupine, have water, food and places to camp. you'll need a good 4X4 and boots to get all the way back.
Not sure if they ever reopened the road down into Lupine from 2 /3 years ago. Last time I was there (Rifle) the does wondered around without a care. It is all down hill going in, so coming out is a chore.

Stoney36

Chris, are you headed out there? I may try to swing a “quick” morning hunt tomorrow...hopefully they’re active at sunrise.

Stoney36

I’ll be out there tomorrow, and hopefully I get a few chances next week. Have a turkey hunt on Sunday, too...Going to be a fun weekend! Good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Mule Deer Hunting 5
C Mule Deer Hunting 3
H Bowhunting 7
smitty661 Mule Deer Hunting 6
M Mule Deer Hunting 7

Top Bottom