AAAAAARRRRRGGG

bigmandude

Reaction score
ok gang here is the scoop on the 3 DudeCams

Dudecam 1 had 15 false triggers some day and some night, 1 doe pic, 3 spike pics, 3 really nice 7 pointer.  all pics had flash bleeding at the top.  also
date timer is set but not appearing on any pics...not sure if i set it correctly, any comments?

Dudecam 2 for the 2nd time in a row 24false pics in rapid succession  but the unit still walk tests fine,  (bad relay??? anyone?? anyone??)

Dudecam 3 had 12 false pics at various times of day over 2 days then camera shut down, batteries are still strong i cut it off and back on and it started working again.. owl AF w/big round button... why did it need a reset after 2 days..  after day 2 i thought all was fine with half a roll taken so i put a jar of peanut butter on a tree and cut the bottom off .... now i go back to get the cam...tongue marks all in the peanut butter , half of a 40oz jar gone and no darn pictures taken ...AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGG!!

any suggestions.

bigmandude

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi bigmandude - Towards the end of my WebPages I have a light sensor diagram posted. Also, somewhere I have a link posted for the Home Depot LCD Timer that requires no modification. It might be wise to block out the time of day that you are getting false pictures, and use a less sensitive PIR.

robNhood

Reaction score
I think that you are going to have some false pics during this time of the year. Was it warm & windy? Did your false pics have sunlight possibley shining on brush or low lying foliage?

Your night time pics are more likely to be a distant critter or something moving by fairly fast, like a yote.

Are you using a MS20? Tinhorn discovered a way to narrow the range down to around 20 feet if you are.

As far as the bleed goes, cover that flash with some type of foam insulation causing the flash to exit out the glass you have covering your flash hole and not entering your housing.

bigmandude

Reaction score
I guess what bothers me most on cam 2 is that it took 24 pics very quickly at night no sunspots in a heavy pine thicket had to crawl on my nees to place the cam and in broad daylight i can only see about 15 feet. i have pulled all the cams out of service and will focus on one at a time i am using the rs20 sensors and have narrowed the width of beam and also masked the bottom row of squares on the lens, i may also mask the top row this time to limit my distance.  but i had better move quickly peanut butter is awfully expensive

i will post my 7 pointer soon,,, very nice for a 7pt ...about 15-16 inches wide and maybe 10 inches above the tips of the ears.... i want to set up a plan so my 8 year old can get a shot at him...(for his first deer)

bigmandude

bigmandude

Reaction score
forgive me,,, i am not using the radio shack sensor but rather the mainstay ...sorry i was readin an ritin at the same time.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
To get the time and date to show up in the picture there should be a solid bar showing up in the upper right hand corner of the LCD screen with the time and date in it.  If this bar is visible and the time and date are not showing up then you have a bad camera.  I had to send one back for this reason a long time ago.  The camera book should detail how to get the solid bar to show up.

Brian

gizz

Reaction score
Dude - Check your batteries on the sensor. I once had a problem with a very, very low SENSOR battery and my cam ripped off 24 pics (about 3 or 4 per minute). Other than that make sure your NOT facing your cams east or west (towards the sun), of course this couldn't be the problem at night. Also, as a precaution change your AA's in the camera as well. The owl PF uses more juice than the older style (with the little green dial). I also clear any twigs or small sapplings that may sway in the wind although I'm not sure it would trip the PIR. While some falsies are to be expected you definately are at the extreme. I just developed 2 rolls of 24 exposure and got 50 out of 50 pics all of animals. I'm using the OWL PF with a 12volt gel battery and the MS20.
On the date stamp - there is a little round lithium battery that controls the time/date stamp. They are only a couple $'s and replacing this fixed the same problem for me on my very first cam. I had a used Owl (little green dial kind) so no telling how old the battery was.
BTW, congrats on the nice buck pic.

trbd

Reaction score
big mandude
sounds like my problems if you get it figured out please post it. i have one you can set up at home & will work fine then just go to clicking of shot for no reason.  tony

Latest Posts

Top Bottom