AB 2062

chap_dog48

Reaction score
I was sent this by a friend. If this stuff is true WOW! Get ready to fight this one out. We are in some serious crap! What do you guys think.

I for one will just go buy ammo in another state and bring it back if this type of crap happens. Then the Tax Money from the Pittman-Robertson Act will not help the governmental yahoo's in this state.

*/_More insanity from the liberal idiots running califonia:
coop

CALIFORNIA:_/ *Assembly to Consider Severe Restrictions on Ammunition Sales! <http://www.ilaalerts.org/UM/T.asp?A1.2.2812.8.3493037> On Tuesday, April 8, the Assembly Public Safety Committee will consider legislation that would require gun owners to obtain a "permit-to-purchase" before buying handgun ammunition. Assembly Bill 2062 would require that law-abiding gun owners obtain a permit to buy handgun ammunition and would impose severe restrictions on the private transfers of handgun ammunition. Applicants for a "permit-to-purchase" would be required to submit to a background check, *pay a $35 fee*, and *wait as long as 30 days to receive the permit.* Under AB2062, it would be unlawful to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer's name, driver's license, the quantity, caliber and type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice or the number of his handgun ammunition purchase permit. All ammunition sales in the State of California would be subject to a *$3 per transaction tax*. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines. *Please contact the members of the Assembly Public Safety Committee and your State Assembly Member /_TODAY_/ and respectfully urge them to oppose this onerous attack on our Second Amendment freedoms.* Please click here CLICK HERE for contact information. Please pass this on to your friends.

I have already sent off letters to those listed.

Tank

Reaction score
They proposed similar legislation here in Maryland last month....it did not pass thank God. I did my part and e-mailed every delegate in the State House about my oposition to it.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
It is entirely true, and one more reason that we need to keep our eyes on the ball and our heads in the game as gun owners. They'll keep trying to jam this stuff through...

Odds are slim that it will get any traction, but you can't turn your back on it. Get those letters and phone calls in the mail!

jackrabbit

Reaction score
search on leginfo shows that the author requested cancellation of the first hearing date set for 3/25/08. That is usually a sign that the author did not have enoough votes to get the bill passed by the committee. It is rescheduled for committee hearing for 4/8/'08. The author in the meantime will be trying to get more votes, and usually floating some amendments to the language to try and get it past the first committee.

BuckeyeTradArcher

Reaction score
The assembly passed this yesterday, as per calnra alert:

TODAY'S ACTIVITY:
AB2062 was passed in the Assembly Public Safety Committee, over the objection of Assemblyman Greg Aghazarian. Assemblyman Aghazarian noted that AB2062 violates Joint Rule 54 ©. Joint Rule 54 © prohibits a legislator from authoring a bill that is substantially the same as a bill that he or she previously authored in the same two-year session. Assemblyman Aghazarian moved to refer AB2062 to the Assembly Rules Committee for a formal determination of it's fate.

ACTION REQUESTED:

Call the Assembly Rules Committee NOW! Tell them to support Assemblyman Aghazarian's motion to refer AB2062 because it violates Joint Rule 54 ©.
Call Assemblyman Greg Aghazarian and THANK HIM for standing-up for our rights and attempting to refer AB2062 to the Rules Committee because it violates the Assembly/Senate rules.
Contact as many members of the ASSEMBLY as possible INDIVIDUALLY! Ask them to OPPOSE AB2062.

Send an email to the entire Assembly with NRA's "ONE CLICK" email system. Ask them to OPPOSE AB2062.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Assembly Rules Committee: Phone: (916) 319-2800
Assemblyman Greg Aghazarian: Phone: (916) 319-2026

Full State Assembly: A complete listing of all of the State Assembly Members including phone/fax/email information can be found HERE . Also, you can send a single email to each of the State Assembly Members by using the special "ONE CLICK" email address that you can find HERE . By sending one email to the special "ONE CLICK" address, each one of the State Assembly Members will receive a copy of your message (so it is probably a good idea to address your messages with: Dear Assembly Member,).

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I can't believe this is still moving.

The anti-gunners are fighting a war of attrition... wear us down with foolish crap and just wait for us to give up and bail out.

Don't give up!

1fitspirit

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BuckeyeTradArcher @ Apr 9 2008, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The assembly passed this yesterday, as per calnra alert:

TODAY'S ACTIVITY:
AB2062 was passed in the Assembly Public Safety Committee, over the objection of Assemblyman Greg Aghazarian. Assemblyman Aghazarian noted that AB2062 violates Joint Rule 54 ©. Joint Rule 54 © prohibits a legislator from authoring a bill that is substantially the same as a bill that he or she previously authored in the same two-year session. Assemblyman Aghazarian moved to refer AB2062 to the Assembly Rules Committee for a formal determination of it's fate.

ACTION REQUESTED:

Call the Assembly Rules Committee NOW! Tell them to support Assemblyman Aghazarian's motion to refer AB2062 because it violates Joint Rule 54 ©.
Call Assemblyman Greg Aghazarian and THANK HIM for standing-up for our rights and attempting to refer AB2062 to the Rules Committee because it violates the Assembly/Senate rules.
Contact as many members of the ASSEMBLY as possible INDIVIDUALLY! Ask them to OPPOSE AB2062.

Send an email to the entire Assembly with NRA's "ONE CLICK" email system. Ask them to OPPOSE AB2062.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Assembly Rules Committee: Phone: (916) 319-2800
Assemblyman Greg Aghazarian: Phone: (916) 319-2026

Full State Assembly: A complete listing of all of the State Assembly Members including phone/fax/email information can be found HERE . Also, you can send a single email to each of the State Assembly Members by using the special "ONE CLICK" email address that you can find HERE . By sending one email to the special "ONE CLICK" address, each one of the State Assembly Members will receive a copy of your message (so it is probably a good idea to address your messages with: Dear Assembly Member,).[/b]
The links don't work, can you post them so we can copy and paste?
Thanks!

dhall61

Reaction score
Breaking News of AB 2062 .....
Posted on 05-14-2008

Breaking News of AB 2062 – Ammo Registration

The Assembly Committee on Appropriations has just placed AB 2062 on the Suspense File. Even though any bill with costs of over $150,000 automatically goes to suspense, Assemblyman Kevin DeLeon amended his bill in an attempt to get below this fiscal threshold.

We’ve heard from our supporters that members of the Appropriations committee admit to having received many hundreds of phone calls on AB 2062 since our Lobby Day on May 6th, and virtually 100% in opposition. Key Democrat staffers answering the phone have indicated that their bosses believe that there is no support for this bill and it will die.

The Suspense File is often used by the committee as a tool to bury bills they want to see go away. They simply leave the bill on suspense until after the deadline to take up any more bills. They then claim that the state does not have enough resources to fund the bill which allows the author to save face.

If AB 2062 stays on the Suspense File, we will all know the real reason.

Ask any pro-gun member of the Appropriations Committee and they will tell you that the lobbying effort spearheaded by Gun Owners of California was timely and effective. We will continue to lead the way.

dhall61

Reaction score
Just got off Gun Owners of California website and AB2062 was passed out. The author DeLeon (anti gun morron) made changes to it so it will not cost the state more money. Will come up for vote next week. We've got to put this bill down once and for all. Start calling, faxing and emailing all the members who will vote on it. Tie up their phone lines, fax lines and email with objections to this bill.

dhall61

Reaction score
CALNRA: Ammo Ban and Smart Gun Bills Before Assembly
5/28/2008 9:05 AM - PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY

AB 2062 AMMO SALES RESTRICTIONS (De Leon) and AB 2235 SMART GUNS (DeSaulnier) are on the Assembly Floor and could come up for a vote as early as Tuesday, June 3, 2008. Please contact the members of the Assembly and urge a NO vote on the bill.

AB 2062...
(1) Bans the mail order or Internet sale of Handgun Ammunition
(2) Handgun Ammunition sales are registered at the point of purchase
(3) A new Handgun Ammunition vendor permit required
(4) Handgun Ammunition vendor display security requirement
(5) Handgun Ammunition sales at locations other than licensed location would be restricted. - ban gun show sales ???
(6) Bans the sales and transfer of more than 50 rounds per month of Handgun Ammunition between private citizens without a vendor license

AB 2235 remains fraught with problems...
(1) The Attorney General is charged with identifying existing guns that meet the bill's "Smart Gun" requirements
(2) CADOJ must then report to the legislature within 6 months
(3) 18 months later the results are to be codified in regulations that require new handguns sold to be equipped with that technology.

Please call today! and voice your opposition to this bill, it is on the floor for vote today! Don't wait!

Mark Leno(D) - Chair 13 – San Francisco (916) 319-2013

Mimi Walters® 73 – Laguna Nigel (916) 319-2073

Anna M. Caballero(D)28 – Salinas (916) 319-2028

Mike Davis(D) 48 – Los Angeles (916) 319-2048

Mark DeSaulnier(D)11 – Martinez (916) 319-2011

Bill Emmerson® 63 – Redlands (916) 319-2063

Jared Huffman(D) 06 – San Rafael (916) 319-2006

Betty Karnette(D) 54 – Long Beach (916) 319-2054

Paul Krekorian(D) 43 – Burbank (916) 319-2043

Doug La Malfa® 02 – Biggs (916) 319-2002

Ted W. Lieu(D) 53 – Torrance (916) 319-2053

Fiona Ma(D) 12 – San Francisco (916) 319-2012

Alan Nakanishi® 10 – Lodi (916) 319-2010

Pedro Nava(D) 35 – Santa Barbara (916) 319-2035

Sharon Runner® 36 – Lancaster (916) 319-2036

Jose Solorio(D) 69 – Santa Ana (916) 319-2069

dhall61

Reaction score
AB 2948 ( leno) cow palace gun shows has passed the Assembly floor with a vote of 41-22

socalcowboy

Reaction score
Well Ladies and Gentleman I am now jumping on the bandwagon. I am tired of the Liberals trying to take away my rights. I was 17 years old when I joined the Navy and did my six years. We have people who have never did anything for this country except to go to college and get into politics and now are trying to take away what I joined for my rights and freedom.

So to all who care about the future - write and let them know this is BS

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3961

SoCalCowboy.

jackrabbit

Reaction score
the bill passed. been listening to the assembly floor action today on the internet. AB 2062 just passed with 41 votes. About eight members spoke in opposition and made very good points. Only two members spoke in support and then the vote was held. It is clear the assembly already had their minds made up to move this bill out of the house and send if over to the Senate -- so it is still alive for some time to come now.

socalcowboy

Reaction score
California Senate to Consider

Sweeping Restrictions on Ammunition Sales!
Please Contact the Members of the Senate Public Safety Committee Today!

Assembly Bill 2062, sponsored by State Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), is scheduled to be considered by the Senate Public Safety Committee on Tuesday, June 17.

AB2062 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer’s name, driver’s license, the quantity, caliber, type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. All ammunition sales in the state of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines.

Please contact the members of the Senate Public Safety Committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose this onerous attack on our Second Amendment freedoms. Contact information can be found below.

State Senator Gloria Romero, Chair

Phone: (916) 651-4024
Fax: (916) 445-0485

senator.romero@sen.ca.gov

State Senator Bob Margett, Vice Chair

Phone: (916) 651-4029
Fax: (916) 324-0922

State Senator Gilbert Cedillo

Phone: (916) 651-4022
Fax: (916) 327-8817

State Senator Dave Cogdill
Phone: (916) 651-4014
Fax: (916) 327-3523

State Senator Don Perata
Phone: (916) 651-4009
Fax: (916) 327-1997

mikewalker

Reaction score
OK I called DeLeons office today ***UNFU___ing ** believable. These people are wackos!! I asked why this bill was introduced his lackey said there was one individual ganbanger ammo purchase that was the impetus. I told her this is an infringement upon my second ammendment rights she said I only had a right to a gun not ammo!!! She said if I am not a criminal what is my problem. I told her as an American citizen I have a responsibility to protect the liberties of Americans from the encroachment of despots and Tyrants. I felt the bill was unconstitutional.
her next comment was that my opinion doesn't count, that the only interpretations of the Constition that I should accept are those of the lawyers and judges that I am not qualified to read and interpret the constitution. I later asked her how this bill affects reloading, she didn't know what reloading was!! scary days my friends we must stay vigilant.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Action Alerts 3
D Gun Issues, 2nd Amendment & CCW 0

Advertisement

Top Bottom