AB 396

CFeldheim

Reaction score
RuddyDuks,

One of the problems right now is funding the implementation of the program. Last I heard CWA was trying to get federal funds to help kick start the program. The second problem is DFG. DFG is suppose to be implementing the program and, as we all know, their staff and budgets have been cut and they are overworked as is. I believe Tom Blankinship has been handed the responsibility of trying to get the program started. I'm not sure what we need to do in order to get this program to be a priority, perhaps it needs to come from the DFG Commission or the Director's office? I hope to talk with Tom about it in the next week or so. We'll see what we need to do. It's a program that has worked in many states and should work here, unfortunately, I think its going to take awhile.

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
DFG (CWA supported) is shooting for having some limited properties open next fall relying on the NSSF grant CWA/DFG received and other monies. CWA has already started meeting with DFG to develop the details of the program. At the October DFG Commission meeting, DFG/CWA are planning on making a presentation which will provide an update on our progress.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom