ABC Report: Bush’s ‘Principal’ Advisers OK’d Torture

chuam

Reaction score
ABC News reported tonight that President Bush’s most senior and trusted advisers met in “dozens of top-secret talks and meetings in the White House” beginning in 2002 to approve the use of “combined” interrogation techniques (the joint use of harsh interrogation techniques). Those tactics included whether detainees “would be slapped, pushed, deprived of sleep or subjected to simulated drowning, called waterboarding.”

Members of the National Security Council’s Principals Committee — Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, George Tenet, and John Ashcroft — approved the use of these techniques. “Sources said that at each discussion, all the Principals present approved.” According to ABC’s report, Ashcroft indicated he was troubled by the meetings:

link

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
According to a top official, Ashcroft asked aloud after one meeting: “Why are we talking about this in the White House? History will not judge this kindly.”[/b]

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Terrorists won't get any crocodile tears from my corner..I went through most of that and more in advanced military training. If our law
abiding, honorable troops can go through that stuff, won't hurt a bunch of terrorists either !

chuam

Reaction score
You knew it was going to end and was part of training. Big difference.

Since when did we become torturers? Haven't we always been against those countries who tortured?

1fitspirit

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chuam @ Apr 10 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You knew it was going to end and was part of training. Big difference.

Since when did we become torturers? Haven't we always been against those countries who tortured?[/b]
We became torturers when GW, with a wink and a nod, said it was OK...didn't ask, didn't bat an eye, just started doing it. Now you have otherwise intelligent, well spoken, peaceful people in this country following along with the bouncing ball and saying that they have been through so much more in basic training, boot camp. The human mind, with the proper warning, can tolerate excruciating pain when knowing there is an end or a limit to what is about to happen. Why do you think McCain is against most of this crap? He's been there, done that, and it hurts and it creates fear unlike anything you have experienced. All the rest of us who have been in the gas house, or been run into the ground on the grinder always knew that there was an end in sight. For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone in their right mind condones or tolerates torture by our government. If you'll swallow that crap you are being spoon fed, then one day, you'll be lined up to turn in your weapons, scratching your butt wondering how in the heck it happened.

masonjarlid

Reaction score
So chuam and unfit how do you pose that we get info out of terrorists? Say pretty please? With sugar on top? I am sure they will just start telling all that way?????????? Get real and pull your heads out of your rectums.

Torture may not be right, but until some better way of getting info out of such people comes along it will have to do. This country could do with a touch of barbarity, it's getting soft do to people of your mindset wanting to make everything "humane". There was a time when "men" of your mindset would have been left at camp to sew with the women, while the warriors went into battle.

Let's see if I understand this right, it's not OK to torture a man that means our country harm, but is OK to kill a child in the womb that has done no one harm??

I am really suprised either of you hunt or fish. Just think of the pain the poor creatures feel when you shoot them or hook them. What torture that must be. What did they do to you to deserve such inhumane treatment? They surely ment no harm to you or your families.

1fitspirit

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (masonjarlid @ Apr 10 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This country could do with a touch of barbarity, it's getting soft do to people of your mindset wanting to make everything "humane".[/b]
This pretty much sums up the conservative position, I guess, and a quote for the ages to define GW's term in office. The word ethical is more usually associated with "humane" than it is with barbarity. Want barbarity? Go to Iran, for starters, then move about the world and look at the "winners" vs. the "losers" and you will see that one of the primary distinguishing characteristics of success is the humane treatment of citizens, prisoners, guests, and foreigners. I would rather be accused of being humane, than to be a club wielding cave man. Imagine, an American saying it is OK to be barbarians. Now that sounds like a GW principal of leadership.

sdbowyer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chuam @ Apr 10 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Since when did we become torturers? Haven't we always been against those countries who tortured?[/b]
When President Bush took office. No prisoner was ever roughed up during wartime by anyone representing the U.S. before President Bush. This is a brand new concept. Before Bush wartime prisoners holding critical information that could save lives were treated kindly. Bush is simply a big fat meany. Happy now Dorothy?

Litch

Reaction score
Personally, I think those murdering terrorists got off easy with Waterboarding.
Masonjar: Great comment about staying back with the women to sew! My sentiments exactly. We have way too many soft individuals around now that just don't have the stomach for what needs to be done to these terrorists to protect our way of life.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
...and 1fit and Chuam promote torture when they post this drivel.
Who cares? I respect them more for doing what it takes to win in war. I would call into question their resolve to win against an enemy that does NOT play by the rules if they did not. As long as they are not torturing non-combatants, then have a cup of coffee and chill out. There are things that happen in wars that you do not want to know about and frankly have no right to know about. Most Americans do not have the stomach for reality...but if they were over there doing the job, they would do exactly what needed to be done or come home in a coffin. That is reality, so stop whining...

easymoney

Reaction score
And those two as well as any other lib whiners listening should think about what would happen if they or their loved ones were snatched, held indefinitely, tortured(real torture) and beheaded when they were no longer needed, all while it was being filmed and shown on TV for all the islamic radicals around the world to laugh at... I have no sympathy for those who give aid to our enemies or promote propaganda that harms our troops...
Besides it does no good to rationalize with liberals especially trolls who post nothing but negative articles about our nation and it's military than refuse to answer counter posts.

Gw put this so well,
"...and 1fit and Chuam promote torture when they post this drivel. Who cares? I respect them more for doing what it takes to win in war. I would call into question their resolve to win against an enemy that does NOT play by the rules if they did not. As long as they are not torturing non-combatants, then have a cup of coffee and chill out. There are things that happen in wars that you do not want to know about and frankly have no right to know about. Most Americans do not have the stomach for reality...but if they were over there doing the job, they would do exactly what needed to be done or come home in a coffin. That is reality, so stop whining... "

Sodhunter

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fitspirit @ Apr 11 2008, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (masonjarlid @ Apr 10 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This country could do with a touch of barbarity, it's getting soft do to people of your mindset wanting to make everything "humane".[/b]
This pretty much sums up the conservative position, I guess, and a quote for the ages to define GW's term in office. The word ethical is more usually associated with "humane" than it is with barbarity. Want barbarity? Go to Iran, for starters, then move about the world and look at the "winners" vs. the "losers" and you will see that one of the primary distinguishing characteristics of success is the humane treatment of citizens, prisoners, guests, and foreigners. I would rather be accused of being humane, than to be a club wielding cave man. Imagine, an American saying it is OK to be barbarians. Now that sounds like a GW principal of leadership.

[/b][/quote]
Yea I guess I am a torturer. I used to hold my little brother down and let the spit hang down over his face then suck it back up then let it down. He had no idea when it would end. Your lucky you got people fighting your battles. These terrorist bastards would snuff your pansy ass out in a second. I pray to God that waterboarding would be the worst our troops would have to face in enemy prison. Name me one war we've been in where that was the case. If you think what we do is BARBARIAN, YOU are a spoon fed koolaid drinker. If we had to waterboard the entire prison camp to save 100 American lives, I would be for it. In fact if it would save 1 life you could waterboard me! You have abandoned ALL logic now I think in your quest to demonize Bush. Admit it, you would like to see him waterboarded wouldn't you. That would teach him a lesson and and change his mind wouldn't it.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Some wimps don't really know what torture is. Sleep depravation, forced into an awkward position until collapse isn't torture !

Dismemberment and permanently disabling is..and our troops don't do that..your beloved terrorists do !

I see you libs write reams about how bad GW is..but very little about how bad the Muslim terrorists are.....

Quite a sense of "fair and balanced"..!!!

chuckslayer

Reaction score
I wonder just what those two were saying when the Clinton's "El Reno" was barbecueing women and kids in Waco, and shooting 14 year old boys at Ruby Ridge ?

Top Bottom