? about OWL

Possum

Reaction score
What does the LED on the OWL PF show when the camera is turned off but the batteries loaded?  Also, if I took the front panel off will that cause a problem when I put it back on?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Possum,
I'm guessing you mean the L -C- D on the top of the cam, right??  If so, it should show # of pics taken (0 if no film loaded or film rewound) and battery status.  If you meant the L -E- D in the viewfinder, it should never come on when the power is switched off.
>>>>
When I modify my cams I always pull the front cover off to check all the circuits for stray bits of solder - the manufacturer is VERY sloppy.  Never caused any problems so far.  A little tricky getting back on because you have to get it over the film door release and tripod socket, but not too hard.
>>>>
As always, when you have the circuits opened, be careful about static electric disharge.  Touch a grounded object - faucet, metal outlet cover - occasionally while handling and working on the opened cam.

Archilochus

Possum

Reaction score
With the switch in the off position I have a 0  and a battery indicator showing in the LCD on top of the camera.  I was thinking there should not be anything showing when it is off.  I think you are saying I have a camera in fine working condition, right?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Possum,
Right!  Sounds normal.  Most modern cams don't actually turn all the way off even when switched "off"  That's why you should remove the batts if you will not be using the cam for an extended period (also good to remove them so they don't leak and ruin the cam)  Takes a  - l  o  n  g - time for the switched off cam to run the batts down, but it will happen if the cam sits long enough.

Archilochus

Possum

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Archilochus.  I now have the cam working with the stereo plug.  Thanks for the insight.

By the way, just opened my new PF (another one) and it will not cycle between the flash modes or go into timer mode.  I guess I will take it back.  It comes on and takes pictures but it is only in automatic mode.

(Edited by Possum at 9:02 pm on Oct. 6, 2001)

Top Bottom