Advice needed

HKK

Reaction score
Here's a view from the ground blind that I plan to hunt. The bait is in a hole beneath the logs and the view from the blind is just like this photo. If you look close, you can see stakes beside the logs to prevent smaller animals from rolling the logs out to the side.

I could place the logs the opposite way so I face the ends of the logs. Which way of placing the logs would be most likely to offer a broadside shot? Also, please say why.

Attachments

COUESNAM

Reaction score
Face the logs the other way. The way you have it now will give you a rear shot or a face shot. You will probably get a broadside shot no matter how you have them, you just need to wait for the opportunity.

Outhouse

Reaction score
HKK,
First of all I would use bigger logs that only bears could move to cover the hole.

Next I would get a whole alot of brush and put it around(2-3 feet high) the bait pit where you don't want the bear to be... so you are directing(funneling) where the bear would go for the type of shot that you want. If that makes any sense to you.

harleydavidone

Reaction score
I normally back mine up to a stump, tree, roots ect. for a funnel effect because those buggers will find a way in no matter what you do! Just take your time with the shot, if they feel safe they will give you a shot. I would turn the logs 90 degrees for that setup though

HKK

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, we were also feeling that the logs should be changed. Our trail photos also helped confirm that.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom