Aiming Points

gtk

Reaction score
Just kidding about the aiming spots... Don't flame me.   It's Almost November, and I just got a roll of film full of fawns that still have spots... Either that, or I've got the first Axis deer on film here in MS.

Possum

Reaction score
That is great color and contrast.  That fawn must have been to the  Olin Mills Photography Studio before.  Great Pic!

Welby

Reaction score
gtk, I'm still getting fawns with spots on my film too!  Not only that, but on my last roll a doe appears that seems to be pregnant.  Typical screwed up doe-buck ratio mess if you as me.

I think we have so many more does than bucks here that it's conceivable that we probably have a rut at least 12 times a year....every 28 days to be exact.

(Edited by Welby at 7:25 am on Oct. 26, 2001)

JohnnyP

Reaction score
Dang, there goes my chances of winning the photo contest.  :)

Great picture.  Can you give us the details? i.e. film, camera, etc.

BUCKRIDER

Reaction score
I got a huge doe the second weekend and she was still milking. I didnt see any fawns with her when I shot, so I hope she was far enough along for the fawn to be weaned. Any thoughts on this particular case? This was in north Texas.

Fubar

Reaction score
gtk  Great Pic! Love those colors. When did you get it? Havnt seen any colors like that for a while.        Fubar

gtk

Reaction score
The pic was taken in NorthWest MS.  The pretty yellow and green colors are what is supposed to be a food plot planted with soybeans.  needless to say, the green grass and weeds took over fairly well.

No special equipment. Owl PF, Walmart 400 speed film, and a very close fawn.

Top Bottom