Air intake systems?

Greg

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of my old stock air filter and I was thinkink about and airraid or a K&N. I have a 99' Jeep Cherokee 6 cylinder 4.0. Let's hear your opinions.

Marty

Reaction score
Honestly, a stock engine doesn't need anything more than what it came with. That said, I do have a K&N filter in my truck and one other car. Neither made a difference in mpg. Throttle response always seemed crisper. But there were no appreciable gains other than the SOP-factor. I have kept track of the truck expenses, and paper v. oiled element have run neck/neck.

Shot

Reaction score
if you have a stock engine, then it is definitly not worth the money, little to non performance gains. Once you get headers, MSD ignition system, and maybe some trottel work (spacers) then you can definitly see some great results from your engine.

Only reason I say this is because I have had the FIPK from K&N in the past and haven't seen much performance gains until I did some more engine work. Hope this helps.

Also check out Jeepsunlimited.com, all the forums.

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
Remember, what goes in must come out.

Most exhaust systems are pretty restrictive, thus little or no gains from allowing it to suck air more freely.

Low restriction cat.

Headers and enlarged exhuast with a good breathing muffler, then you will see and really feel a difference.

machine

Reaction score
I have a K&N with a modified exhaust (3" with FlowMaster)

I'd go with what ever is cheaper...

Greg

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments I appreciate them. I ordered the AirRaid ez install intake system today and I couldn't help but throw in the airraid throttle body spacer as well. I should get within the next few days and I'll let you all know if I notice any differences. Thank again.

Marty

Reaction score
Greg, Do you have a cat-back system on the <strike> H </strike>Jeep? If not, you may think about getting one. Then you'll notice a little benefit of additional flow.

Greg

Reaction score
I put in the new Airraid Quick fit system and it sounds great. I don't know how I'm suppose to see any increase in fuel economy, seeing how I can't seem to keep my foot of the peddle. I love the new sound.

Shot

Reaction score
You'll love the sound more when you get 3" piping and a flowmaster exhaust

Greg

Reaction score
I already got those on my Jeep and its sounds real clean.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom