• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Air rifle and gun info needed

TheGDog

Your better with 22cal and 1000fps to 800 its still gona cost $160 or so and you won't freak out the neighbors and will still kill yots
Whoa...ok..sounds like you might have some first-hand experience using them on Yotes?

What is the realistic limit for distance for a shot on a Yote with an AirRifle meeting those Qualifications would you say?

Can regular lung/heart shots work? Or do you have to do Head/Neck shots for it to work?

TheGDog

OPAH, when you can, you may want to consider a scope with an Adjustable Objective on it. Helps a bit with making shots on these AirRifles, because the shots are closer distances than regular rifle stuff. On my Umarex Octane .22 I've got a Simmons WhiteTail Classic 6-20x50mm AO scope on it. I mean.. I just bought it because I wanted a big honkin scope so I could make shots at night in the backyard illuminated by just a single solar-rechargeable pathway marker light. The AO wasn't even a factor in my choice... but once I got it and saw what they do for you, I'm convinced AO is the way to go for AirRifles. Because if you were to try to look at something at 20yds on high-power on a regular 100yd parallax adjusted scope... that close-by object will NOT be very clearly in focus typically. But the with AO... Bada-Bing, Crystal Clear!

OPAH

I'll keep that in mind Gdog, but for now the Cat is for my garnad son I pulled the scope so he can learn proper shooting and sighting techniques with the fixed sights. in the mean time I'll play with the two scopes that came with on the Hunter extreme and see with one works best.

g791

FullSizeR.jpg
Here's one of my favorite kill shots!
Phoneskope on my spotter iPhone slow motion. Bottom to the top. [emoji85]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

OPAH

OK guess I can put to bed this crap about supersonic pellets

airriflesightin 033.jpg
The center target Premier Ultra magnum 10.5

airriflesightin 034.jpg

Upper lefthand corner Crossman 10.5 Grain

airriflesightin 035.jpg

Upper righthand corner Gamo PBA Gold Hypersonic pellets 5.4 grain

Seems quality of pellets makes more of a difference than speed, the Premier had a very open grouping out of both the 1250 and 1650 in 7.9 and 10.5 grain peelets

airriflesightin 037.jpg

This was my Grand sons first time out with this rifle open sights the three closet to the bullseye were the Gamo PBS Gold hypersonic

Last edited:

baco

Just a fyi most spring barrel pellet guns do have a break in period accuracy should improve after a few hundred shots

OPAH

Really that is nice to know, guess I need to use up the premier pellets, I have 750 of them.
the scopes that came with them are crap, they will need to be up graded

inchr48

Making me want to get out the Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk .177 I picked up a while back. I can shoot at 25' in my indoor range, so may have to sneak outside for a bit tonight.

Stevehazard

My stock scope never even went of my air rifle either as it was garbage.
Although the Chinglish instructions that came with it was worth a good laugh.

The Gamo pellets look to be giving to the best accuracy so far.

inchr48

At 25', on 3 power and using the top hash mark on the scope. Appears to have been sighted in for a pretty long distance. Just need a little tweak left needed. Crosman Destroyer 7.9 grain pellets. 5 shots, one just off the target.

Attachments

OPAH

OK on with the Information: I heard that the spring break barrels shouls not be left cocked for any real length of time, but the air rifles you could leave pumped forever if you wanted. Or do I have that backwards?

OPAH

Incher48 did you pop those off in the back yard? I did a bout six rounds hoping the scope was close ( it wasn't) but was amazed at 25 yards the Pellets penitrated at least a 1/4 inch into my block wall and did not flatten like a pancake, they were compressed but not flat.

OPAH

Soo Cool (Not in SoCal) always wanted to have a pistol range, OH well in another life maybe.

Top Bottom