Alahbama Rig Bass Hook Up!...pics

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
So I primarily fish bass with jigs and just wanted to switch up my tackle to keep the fishing interesting so I have been using stick & crank baits latley besides my jigs and frogs.
So on alot of these bass shows bass anglers sometimes use the Alabama rig also referred as umbrella rig which is illegal in alot of states but legal here in Florida. The set up imatates a school of bait fish.
I ordered a five pack of umbrella rigs and received them yesterday i set up the arms and put five Berkley swim baits on. I have out of state friends staying with us for a few days so while they stepped out I had to try it out, I walked across the street from my house real quick to hit a pond.
So with no experience with this set up after 3 cast I get a hit and reel in a nice bass under 2 lbs, wow that was cool and so quickly unexpected.
Took some pics and ran back to my garage before my out off state guest showed back up after running around.
I cant wait to use it again, u can get two to 3 bass on one hook up that would b crasy especially a super lunker. My peeps want to get some fishing in with me here before they leave, they want to hook up with one of my pond monsters so we will see what happens. Thnx for following my post and get out and hook one today!...tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Plain ol' Steve

Reaction score
I gotta give you respect for continually experimenting with your presentations. Nice going.

P304X4

Reaction score
Have you ever thought of just using a cane pole with a bobber and a worm on a single hook? LOL

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Yesterday evening I headed out for the sunset bite back on the course to the bridge pond to use my new A-rig set up.
It was real windy had a hard time keeping balance on the bridge while casting.
I hooked a 2 lbr. Lost it of the hook then I hook a monster with it I am reeling it in hard to keep the pressure on the hook set not to loose it and then the fffnnnn reel snaps off in my hand and I am like wtf and I loose the lunker, I was in shock and pissed off i know that bass would of been a pb.
I have had 2 rods snap the poles already and now the reel seat pole mount snapped off, I been using the Johnny Morris Bass Pro offshore angler combo which is good up to a 25lb. Fish butt these combos are made cheap evidently, I wouldn't put my name on this product for sure.
I do have the 2 yr warranty on it so I will be there when they open this morning to replace it and probably have to upgrade I cant afford to lose the fish of my life agian or any other trophy bass. I was all beat up after that season.
Well back to the drawing board!....tra

Last edited:

dustin ray

Reaction score
That reminds me of dasiy chain spreader bar set up used for tuna they work great but not made for casting but for trolling

P304X4

Reaction score
Must have been a defective reel, I've never seen even a cheap reel snap like that before.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Went to Bass Pro this morning to get the rod and reel replaced when the clerk took the pole to the back room to look to see if they had anymore in stock, and then another sales clerk that I know is a bass turney guy we always talk and share pics and stories and he comes back with my pole and said he knew it was me when he saw the pole busted up....lol
It's the third pole I have brought back broke from hooking pond monster bass, 2 off them the pole snapped and one the reel snapped off.
He told me they stopped making them and I can see why they where crap......lol so I ended up getting store credit and I will just upgrade my pole and reel with better quality to fit my needs to hook big bass so I don't loose anymore due to pole and reel failure. So back to the drawing board!...lol. .tra

Top Bottom