Alarm PIR's

B

buckchaser

I noticed that the PIR's all seem to be from lights.  Has anyone tried using a PIR from an alarm company?  Many of these PIR's are now available at stores like Lowes & Home Depot.  Typicall alarm PIR's are smaller is size and adjustable sensitivity

BlackWater

Reaction score
The more common alarm PIR we have used is the RS 425.  Works ok with a SLIGHT REDUCTION IN RANGE and is smaller and easy to install inside your housing. But  cost more than the MS 20

C

Contrarian

Quorum. In the TN forum some time ago, I mentioned using the Quroum PIR. It is easy to wire and draws little current. The drawback is the temp range. It doesn't like anything below 32F. But it's only $5 and can transmit to a $5 reciever. Opens some possiblilities. Also, it sends a one second burst of the full 9v. Rest time is jumpered to 15 seconds or 15 minutes if I remember. Sorry if some of you read about this earlier at TN.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Quorum

I have built 2 cams with a Home Burgler alarm PIR.   I modified them to use 6 volt's, they work about the same as the MS20's do, (and draw the same current) but surely they have less false alarms!  hard to tell.  They cost $28 each

Advertisement

Top Bottom