alaska TV

dsrthunt

Reaction score
Has anyone else watched this show.(Alaskan Experience) It come on after the deadliest catch I think I would luv to be one of thos guys, but it looks cold watch out for those bears.

mdhntr

Reaction score
Yes, I saw a couple of episodes. Looked very good. It will be interesting to see if some of them can make it 90 days.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I saw the first episode and enjoyed it. I'm putting my money on the couple in the wall tent on the beach. That guy has a logical mind and he seems to be able to assess a situation quite well. They also seem in better shape. They did get the worst diggs though. The other groups get cabins while they get a tent? What's up with that?

The family with Dad and the two annoying daughters who already are well into thier food supply are going down first. Then the whining doughboy with the athletic chick is next. She carries him 100% but I don't think that will be able to last 90 days. Then the last group of 3 with the two dudes and the girl are a wild card. They seem determined and have good attitudes so far, but they are way too green. Their attempt at fishing was laughable.

ltdann

Reaction score
Yes, I saw half the first episode and watched the second last night. It was amazing to see these folks struggling with the "food supply". The athletic girl had trouble getting the hook out of a fish.

The wall tent girl screwed up the salmon canning and ruined half the food supply and it didn't seem to be a big deal to her.

The point being, I guess, is that it highlights how far folks are removed from where their food comes from and the work involved getting it to their plate.

As for the guy with the bad knees: I question him shooting a goat and having it fall 1000 feet. That goat looked in really good shape for a 1k fall.

But all in all, it's a pretty good show and I'll continue watching. It's fun to see adult urbanites learn skills that pioneer children performed as a matter of course.

One Track

Reaction score
Thumbs up for Discovery Channel showing a guy killing and gutting a mt. goat. Very cool!!! Moose hunting is coming up. I wonder where they got the tags? Maybe the Alaska Board of Tourism? One thing I can't stand is the over-the-top narration. "Bears are known to swarm on a mt. goat that just fell 1000 ft."

SDHNTR

Reaction score
That was one of the first things I thought of too. Do these clowns have fishing and hunting licenses/tags? Were they given any sort of training on meat care so the animals are not wasted?

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Just another frickin' reality TV show.

I watched most of the first episode, and while I'm glad they include hunting and fishing, I found it just as ridiculous and annoying as any of the others. The whining and puling about the "hardships"... lord have mercy!

Coues

Reaction score
Are these residents of Alaska? In Alaska, non-residents must be accompanied by a registered guide when hunting Mnt goats, sheep and brown bears.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
The fine print at the start of each program says that they are accompanied off camera by wilderness experts for safety reasons. Maybe one is a guide?

superduty

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Are these residents of Alaska? In Alaska, non-residents must be accompanied by a registered guide when hunting Mnt goats, sheep and brown bears.[/b]
NO, they appear to be from all different locations including Long Beach Calif.. My monies on the peanut butter gorgers going down first but then again they do have the most reserves packed on the hibernate if they have too. That whole dad bashing they did on what direction to point his shoes in was lame. He should have shoved his shoe where the sun doesn't shine.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
I actually liked the only episode I've seen so far...I just laugh about the freaking whiners, why would they put themselves in that position ...my favorite couple is the one camping on the beach.... I wish I could be in their shoes at least for few days...

Mntngoat

Reaction score
Tivoing that one. Watched the first episode so far. I agree the P.B. eaters are gonna go down in flames. Can't wait to see how the granolas are gonna handle eating bambi.

ML

Kentuck

Reaction score
The goat hunt was guided. First time the "hunter" had ever fired a gun.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
The one with two guys and the girl.

Not sure of thier firewood cutting tactic. Yes it has to be done but they are cutting some whopper trees. You'd think there would be some dead one around they would cut up first. These guys are tackling some monsters.

The whiner daughters have to go.

The guy hunting was using his gun as a walking stick...... Yikes. I was waiting for it to fall 1000 ft down the mountain. He did have a guide as Kentuck noted.

Cool show though. Just like the crab fisherman. Way to go Discovery channel....two thumbs up.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
I will do it just for the challenge and experience, but are they getting pay? So what's the prize? Do they win anything?

Tominator

Reaction score
Rock on Rancho, Plankton would kick the collective arses of these clowns.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
Just saw the 3rd episode, and things start to get interesting...this was the hunting/gathering food episode and it was entertaining...the engineers couple seem to be getting the worst part, but they do come with some good ideas...too bad so far they have not worked!

Advertisement

Top Bottom