Albino wild turkey or tame turkey that got loose?

Smithb9841

Reaction score
Ok guys thought this was cool and wanted to see what you guys thought. So my grandma was driving today and seen an almost all white turkey. She snapped a pic but idk if it’s someomes tamed bird that got loose or a wild bird with a rare gene which I looked up and does happen and isn’t all that rare to see. Just to add to this this was away from any residence and was running with a big flock of wild turkeys. I don’t know enough about turkeys to know one way or the other I lean towards it being a wild bird bcuz I know it’s away from very many houses and the houses that are somewhat close don’t raise turkeys.

So what do you guys think wild bird with rare gene? Or a tame bird that got loose from someomes farm?

Attachments

Bankrunner

Reaction score
That's pretty cool, especially if it's a wild bird.
One more possible option (similar to the tilapia story) is someone bought the turkey and let it go?

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
if that is the case it will be a meal one way or the other, bird won't know how to roost in a high tree at night and it will be a late night snack for some thing

Smithb9841

Reaction score
Idk why but just wondering what it is is bugging the hell out of me. It’s one of those things where it doesn’t really matter but for some reason it does and I want to know what happened. And it’s eating at me
to know if someone let it loose it got loose or is a wild bird with a weird gene? This is gonna big the hell outta me all weeekend

P304X4

Reaction score
I can't tell for sure but there appears to be coloring around the wings and tail other than being all white like the farm raised turkeys I've seen.

Advertisement

Top Bottom