Alkaline 6volt battery in a MS20

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
FIRST OFF,,,before I start to babble how long will the 6volt alkaline battery last for?

I'm thinking about using the "Cooper Lighting" Regent MS20 detector, due to the price...and the discontinuation or the RADIO SHACK PIR (IF I READ RIGHT) I ordered 2 Friday and was told that they were going to "something new".  FIRST it was the rubber toggle switch covers NOW the sensor!!!

Well now to the good news, I did find the Cooper Sensor for $7.88 at Walmart...compaired to 24.95 for the Radio Shack PIR.

The MS20 was EASY to Modify, and the "built in timer" was a little confusing but I did figure it out thanks to the posting I read earlier.

HOW LONG WILL THE MS20 Run on a 6Volt lantran battery with a 5 VDC reed relay, or would you guys recommend the 9 VDC?

davered1

Reaction score
Are you talking the 6V ltantern battery?

I run my Ms20's with 5V relays and 4 C cell batteries. These batteries last well over 2 months which is more than enough. I find if the ylast forever you never have any spares with you when you need them.

The onboard timer, is it the standard timer (resistor swap) or the timer circuit gantley and Jon showed us?

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
Yes it's the res. swap....so your saying 4 c's are more than enough?
I've never really thought of it that way. I guess I have read the posts on battery life for the MS20. Is there a battery carriage for the c's you can buy at radio shack?
Thanks for the help!!

davered1

Reaction score
I swap out test resisor for a 220k to give me 10 sec shutter delay.

works well, the 4 c cell battery holder is a flat four part # 270-390A. In Canada it cost 3$

Top Bottom