All Electronic Relay Users

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I've had one camera giving me fits for a while now.  I decided to figure it out tonight. The camera would fire every once in a while when you moved the case a certain way.  Even with the power off.  Three hours later I figured out that the relays i use from All Electronics (RLY-395) when turned with the arrow down would make the contacts.  I started checking and 13 out of 13 would make when turned on up on that end.  Some took some slight tapping with a finger but they would ann make when on that end.  Turn tham the other way (arrow up) and they wouln't make , not sideways either.  

I repositioned my board with the arrows pointing towards the handle and put it all back together.  I replaced the  relay anyway and it hasn't done it since.  I use brians timer with the refresh circuit and my big concern is the with the camera locking up if the wrong relay decides to make.  All electronics has another relay I may order to try.  My next batch will use optos so this won't be a problem, but i was sure giving me fits for a while.  

Anybody noticed this.  Just thought I'd let you know.  I've had that particular camera out for 5 rolls of film.  Very few false pics and I think most of those have birds in them somewhere.  It only seems to do it when you move the camera.  None of the others have said anything about it.  

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Elk, I seem to have a bunch that are sticking closed for no apparent reason. Even off the board w/ no power. getting very frustrating. Like you, can tap, and will release, part of the time.

Butch

jayber

Reaction score
I had a bad batch of AE relays about a year ago, but they've been working OK since then (knock on wood).  A couple of times when moving the unit, if I didn't shut the shutter of the camera, if the box was bumped hard enough, the relay would make contact and fire off a pic.....but that makes sense since it's merely a mechanical switch.

Advertisement

Top Bottom