All's well that ends well.....

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
It started out as a dismal day. I cut grass from 8:00 to almost 10:00 and took a shower. Just as I was getting dressed, I got a call from our Christian Education Director. The ceiling has fallen in at the church. I went down there and spent the next 2 hours climbing among 100 year old beams and air conditioning ducts to get the A/C pan drain opened up and then started vacuuming the carpet. Over and over and over again. It's still a mess that needs to be cleaned up, but the insulation is still dripping and will continue to drip through the night, so I can't patch it up until in the morning. We'll just have to worship tomorrow morning with a gapping hole in the ceiling.

Back at the house, my wife reminded me of the ribs I had thawed last night. Mmmmm, things are starting to look up. I put them in the oven and she started to get that "tinker around the kitchen" look that she gets. This is gonna be good, I can tell. While all this is happening, Dad calls and says, I'm coming over, I have something I want to show you. He brought three "vintage" cast iron skillets and a corn bread pan with the miniature corn-on-the-cob pattern cast into it.
I can tell by this time that I'm going to eat too much tonight. After I cooked the ribs in the oven for a few hours, I transfered them to the grill to get the char and the flavor. I cooked them another couple of hours and OOOHHH MAN! Meanwhile, she's conjuring up some broccoli salad (you know the kind with red onions and bacon?
) Then she tops it all off with some corn bread in the new (old) pan.
When I took the ribs up, they had the most beautiful, cinnamon color as any I've ever cooked. One twist and the bones come out clean!

I had BBQ pork ribs, baked mac and cheese, broccoli salad, homemade pickles and corn bread for supper and I had TWO helpings! So much for my diet this week. Tacker, thanks for the pan, buddy! I love it!

foulshot

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good BBQ joint you got right there!

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Not sure where the gnat line is but I can make it there by supper if there's leftovers.

upperEA

Reaction score
Well guess I know what I'm having for dinner tonight, Thanks Belch for idea

Tacker

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Belch, you're a good cook...thanks for the leftovers.
"Finger-lickin' good"

Gunslingergirl

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's time for dinner at Belch's house. That sounds like one good meal!

GSG

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Them cornbread pans is special, had mine for a long time. Seasoned just right.

Now about that dinner bell you rang Belch

RR1

Reaction score
Great menu Belch. I could almost taste the dishes as you described them. The downside is no matter what we have for supper, I`ll be remembering what you had. Thanks Buddy.

Top Bottom