Almost here

QALHNTR

Reaction score
Well folks, I bagged him on November 23rd and my cousin just called from Wisconsin and said the mount shipped out on the 20th.  I should have him on the wall by Wednesday.  This is almost as bad as waiting for the opener.  He called a second time to say that my beer sticks, jerkey and sausage shipped today via UPS 3rd day.  Guess I'll have to eat some jerkey while I'm hanging the mount.

Brian S

Reaction score
I've been crossing the days off my calendar this month and pestering my cousin back east, about my whitetail mount. His was done about 2 weeks ago and the taxidermist said that mine ought to be finished by the end of february. I keep putting off the bbq weekend when I invite my uncle and the rest of my hunting crew over to gloat. I'm the first of the group to get a whitetail. Can't wait.
Brian

QALHNTR

Reaction score
Brian,
     I'll post a pic when he comes in.  Good luck on yours.

Hook

Reaction score
I am also waiting for my Caribou mount to arrive. I already got a place picked out in my den.

QALHNTR

Reaction score
Well, the mount arrived before the jerkey.  To me, it's awesome!  I got home and pulled the big clock off the wall above the fireplace.  Hung the mount & waited.  Wife & kids arrived home 10 minutes later and NO ONE noticed!  Sat down for dinner a half-hour later and my daughter looked up and said "COOOOL".  Son & wife liked it too.  To my surprise, she said let's leave it up - it looks great.  Life is good.

Brian S

Reaction score
Well Qalhunter did you ever come up with the picture. I just got my mount in yesterday and it looks real good. It was pretty swelled up for the rut, the neck and head are just about double what my 2 so.cal forkies are and 1.5 times what my utah 4x is. So I put the whitetail on his own wall and the little guys are on the other. I'll work on getting a pic by next week, I have to wait for my dad to come by with the digital camera.
Brian

QALHNTR

Reaction score
<font face="Tahoma">I took the picture but I lost my home computer which had the memory card reader.  I should be up in a few days.  The deer did lose its prized location.  We moved it up to the master bedroom so I can see it first thing every morning                
   </font>:sunglasses-yellow:  <font face="Tahoma">My wife hates it when I say that!  I still crack a BIG smile every time I go by.</font>

Brian S

Reaction score
Got my pic done.............this is the whitetail forum deer (less the blaze orange UFO)

(Edited by Brian S at 8:46 am on April 9, 2002)

(Edited by Brian S at 8:48 am on April 9, 2002)

QALHNTR

Reaction score
<font face="Tahoma">Very nice mount.  I'll try to get mine posted.  By the way, is that a new hunting beanie in the picture?  The crew sure had fun with the first one.</font>

Hook

Reaction score
Hey Brian,
That is very nice looking mount.....uh, no comment on the beanie.

Advertisement

Top Bottom