Alternative Camera

Rooter

Reaction score
I know people prefer the Canon OWL PF, but it seems they are hard to find and fairly expensive.  If I want a camera to use in a setup that will be posted fairly close to a deer trail what can I use?  Has anyone used any of the other cams with any success?  I have searched the board and find very little info about other cams.  I was thinking about the Polaroid 230 ff.  Does anyone have any other options?

Dbworld

Reaction score
230 ff doesn't have a time stamp...still might work though?  I'd pay the little extra for the canon.....it's worth it.

davered1

Reaction score
For your first camera I would suggest the older style owl ,you can find a used one at a pawn shop for under 20$.

Like this one,They work great

woodsman

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat I built my first cam yousing a canon sure shot owl, now I can't find another .I hope someone can help :nope-blue:

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I use Owl af date on my cams.I have built 4 and starting on 5 (this ones a digital). I bought all of my Owl AF's on e-bay from $8.95 for my first one to $33.50 for my highest one. If you do a search on e-bay make sure you spell canon with one "n" and two "n" some people spell it different.LOL

:smiley-thumbs-up:

woodsman

Reaction score
Thanks Tndeerhunter   I am trying to get one on Ebay the price is about 40.00 I ma the high bidder , its a used cam I hope that the price stayes the same. :wavin:

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
dont forget the olympus infinity jr date as well. it is alot faster than the pf and it will not go to sleep . i found the pir hole has to be smaller because the cam is so much quicker than the pf.

woodsman

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Im going to try the Olimpus Infinity Jr.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom