Amertac PIR $11

BamaNative

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used the closet light motion detector that amertac makes.  This detector runs off of 6V DC and it lights a small flashlight bulb for 30 secs when motion is detected.  I bought one last night and immediately took it apart and it seems to be a bare bones motion detector that puts voltage across a bulb rather than a relay.  A real clean board that any timer/relay combo would hook up easily...

BamaNative

Reaction score
The unit can be purchased at WalMart and I only got it last night so I don't have any drawings yets.  I took a look at it and it seems to only be a simple motion detector that consists of a amplifier and comparator.  I don't know if this one will have any benefits yet but it is a simple board that I believe will be a low power drain.  

BamaNative

Reaction score
Gizz,

No I haven't done any test and I am leaving for a 4 day hunting trip today so it will be next week before I can.  I would imagine the distance would be similar to all the other detectors just by viewing the fresnel lens.  

sven

Reaction score
I saw this the other day while at Wallyworld.  The packaging says 20ft range.  It was $11-12, and I think it ran off of 4-AA batteries.  I didn't look too close at it, but a person could almost stick a camera in its housing with a little work.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom