AMMO SALES IN CA. Thousands of lawful California gun owners are being denied ammunition purchases. Here’s why

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
BOHICA!!! I recently bought 5 different boxes of ammo for a new rifle. 3 were same manufacturer but different weights. The poor clerk had to fill out FIVE different forms, one for each box. Took about 15 minutes of her time that she could have been helping others. Also 15 minutes of my time that i had to just stand around waiting. SMDH.

ltdann

Reaction score
I was one of those folks that had to buy a firearm to get in the database. I tried to register a pre-2014 long gun that I had purchased at bass pro in 2010. Tried to do it online on CFARS, rejected-have to send a hard copy with $19. Did that. Waited and waited.

Checked after about three weeks and the MO I sent wasn't cashed. Tried to call DOJ to get a status and after 20 minutes of shuffling thru the automated menu, got to the right Department only to hear a recording saying that "due to the overwhelming amount of firearm purchases, they'd be unable to give me a status."

So went and bought the cheapest 22 pistol I could find. Two days after I did the DROS and background check, my long gun registration came thru. Coincidence? Doubtful.

canamrider07

Reaction score
Somtimes I get asked if I am using my debit or credit card while buying ammo out here in Texas. The horror!

ltdann

Reaction score
I miss my Texas days sometimes. Before it's all over, I may move back.

Limited Out

Reaction score
This is my primary reason for reloading. I haven't bought and don't plan on buying any ammo from a retailer in the future. 15-20 minutes wasted per purchase could be better used to generate earnings for the company.

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
How come we dont sue? They cave into the environmental groups whenever they sue.

ltdann

Reaction score
Somethings I just can't reload for. Lead free copper slugs for the 12 ga comes to mind, 22 ammo is another....

Limited Out

Reaction score
Reloading may not be the perfect solution for everyone. I do see that BPI carries a few non-toxic 12 ga. slugs for reloading. This is just one source! A little looking around might produce a few more non-toxic options. The 22 rimfire, not many work arounds for those. I don't care if costs twice as much to reload, I won't be jumping through their hoops or be involved in any half baked solutions. I am only speaking for myself, I try to be a little more solution orientated. Tackle this problem in whatever way works best for ya! In the meantime, Choot Em'

ltdann

Reaction score
BPI really doesn't have much info for sabots for rifled barrels. Already looked.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
My biggest concern is why is that man wearing pajama bottoms in a gun store?

quaildeath

Reaction score

Top Bottom