Analog switch instead of relay

Arky

Reaction score
I was looking at hamiltoe's website and saw that he uses an analog switch (Part number DG442) instead of a relay.  The DG442 is no longer available at Radio Shack and expensive to buy anywhere else due to shipping cost.  Newark has these but it is 5.00 extra for small orders. Does anyone know of a replacement analog switch that is similar and readily available?  Maybe a DG212.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
I've awitched over to Opto Couplers instead ofthereed relays. So far I like them. Just a thought.

Arky

Reaction score
shrtcirkt....How do the optocouplers work.
Hamiltoe...Radio shack has several analog switches that should work.  RS#: 900-6507 should work.  Guess I should have looked into this furter.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Arky,
In it's simplest form an opto coupler is like a relay, but the contacts are a light sensitive transistor, and the coil is an LED all encased in a package similar to the chips that JoeD and Brian have made available.
For more in depth anylsis, Brian, Arch, or Tinhorn can elaborate better then I can.
HTH :)

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Arky,

I have a document on using the optos with our timers but they work fine using other methods as well.
IF you want a copy let me know.  Also, I have posted a link to the .pdf files on coyotebandits site under HELPFUL Links at the top of this webpage.

Brian

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom