And I thought we Deer and Bear hunters got screwed ?

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
92.52 dollars to Duck hunt ? My Goodness, I just wasted 20.52 on a useless tag ?

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Next time its the peeking House of Duck for me !

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Sp seriously Guys, you die hard duck or Goose hunters, what do you spend a year just for in fees license blinds Ect? No Gas travel or lodging

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Way more than most deer hunters spend. I usually wait until my hunting buddies who have club memberships invite me to share a blind before I even buy my stamps. My days of sitting in the "sweat line" are over.

dthome

Reaction score
That is really Quaked up !
LOL. That's nothing. My buddies spend much more than that, because their kids put in for draw applications, too. It increases their chances at a good hunt.
To consistently hunt ducks throughout the season in my area, there's really only two options: put hundreds into applications or pay thousands for a club. You can always puddle jump, though!

Planetcat

Reaction score
No f'ing way am I going to spend over $280 to take my kids waterfowl hunting one weekend this year. Geez.

Limited Out

Reaction score
Toss in a boat & motor, a grands worth of dekes, a couple $1500 shotguns, it ain't cheap! What's the per pound cost of duck meat?

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
I heard that before but wasn't it Only a Face a Mother could LoveBaby funny face.gif

P304X4

Reaction score
I don't remember the price per lb. but I think I can get three at the market for that much!

solus

Reaction score
Lol ok i get you are saying now. Yea its expensive eapecially when you drive a few hour just to get to your hunting spot. But like all hobbies. Its worth it to me.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Not at Issue, a passion is worth what it cost to fullfill, I am Moving up towars Sac for my hunting now, 3 to 4 hours drive, 4 hours packing into the area, another 2 to the HH. Am i Happy ? Damn right ! so Happy in fact our spare room has changed into a Gym, New year I will be in such better shape. It is all a plus, health, friendships, fresh Meat, yes it is worth the expense. Of course 100 lbs of venison per deer verses 1 0r 2 lbs a duck I choose the Venison.
But then again There is Quail, Dove, Cotton Tail, Jack just down the road, Get my Shoot gun on and soon my Bow on !

KTKT70

Reaction score
I don't remember the price per lb. but I think I can get three at the market for that much!
I wonder the same thing about some of the hunts around me. But than I get that to sum it has nothing to do with the meat lb price. Can't think of it like that if you hunt 1300 dollars turkeys or other animals that cost more than most new cars.

Top Bottom