Andrew Jackson and the DMV

Common Sense

Reaction score
I just mailed a check to the DMV for over $600 for one year's registration on a two year old pick-up. That got me to thinking. Can you imagine Andrew Jackson at the DMV? Do you think he would have gone to take a drivers test? Do you think he would pay to register his property with the state? I imagine he would have told the DMV what they could do to themselves.

What have we bcome?

Jesse is right; we are all sheeple!

Marty

Reaction score
#1 - Drive an older truck.

#2 - You never told us that you went to school with Andrew Jackson.

Common Sense

Reaction score
#1 - Drive an older truck.

#2 - You never told us that you went to school with Andrew Jackson.

#1 - I usually do, and we have been a one car family for decades. My last truck was a '95 that I bought in '97. It replaced an '83 I bought new for $5600.00. Don't expect to buy another car for at least ten years.

#2 - When I went to school with Andy, we called him "Young Hickory".

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Remember the "Tough Love " scenario that Bustamante wanted to enact to help w/ CA budget shortfall? He wanted to triple the car registration. What a goof.

Sodhunter

Reaction score
If it was not for property taxes, sales taxes, registration taxes, fuel taxes, cell phone taxes, luxury taxes, liquor taxes, utility taxes, business taxes, income taxes, national forest taxes, ammo taxes, gun taxes, hotel taxes, tire taxes, carbon taxes, insurance taxes, hospital taxes, dog taxes, boat taxes, etc., etc., etc., maybe we would have a couple bucks to put in circulation to turn the wheels of industry that funds this whole country. Everyone is just fine with taxing the living crap out of someone else, but when it come to them they start sniveling. Why should CS pay one nickel more for a new truck than an old truck? He drives the same roads. It is because the taxes are being directed towards those that can afford more. "To each according to his need, from each according to his ability", or something like that. It is bull. Until people that make $50,000 a year start defending those who make $5,000,000 a year from being raped on taxes, those making $50,000 a year should not bitch about paying the benefits for those that make 25,000 or 500. It is all a scheme to turn rich against poor so the fat politicians can take the rich people's money by giving the poorer folk a kickback. I think AJ was for freedom and opportunity and FAIRNESS. We would not even need the friggin' DMV if people just paid a percent of their income to pay the government bills. All they are is a totally inefficient money grubber and an easy tax raise when money runs short. Register online, pick up your plate at the nearest prison or county seat, 5 year safety inspections, get rid of all the crabby biatches at DMV.

easymoney

Reaction score
Other than NY, CA already has the highest taxes in the nation.
And IMHO, it will take a real revolt to put an end to this continued fleecing of the taxpayers, in order to pay for all the ever growing social handouts...
Cut the spending, lower taxes, it's simple math...

How's that stimulus working for you guys?

trapperbr549

Reaction score
How's that stimulus working for you guys?
Nothing here, I am still "self-stimulating." :p Oh well, self-stimulation is better than no stimulation at all. :smiley_yahoo:
But back to topic. As I see it the problem is all of the money is sent to D.C. and then we elect people to get as much of it back as possible. Never mind that the project they are getting it back for is a waste of money, at least your state is getting it back. If the money is collected locally and spent locally, people would be much more fiscally conservative. I can just see some politician telling one of these tight old germans here that they want to take some money from him and use it to study the relationship between sleep deprivation and teenage pregnancy or whatever. Or how about that he needs to give some of his money to the poor folks down the road from him that can't afford to feed their children. I am sure he would point out the monthly cost of the satellite dish on their trailer and probably mention the fact that they are just going to bed when he is headed out to feed his cattle in the morning.
It is a broken system that is out of control and the sad thing is 90% of the voters don't even think about it. They just go vote for the fanciest talking silver tongued devil they hear.
Course that is all just the warped opinion of some out of touch fringe libertarian. :bag-on-head:

easymoney

Reaction score
I am still "self-stimulating." :tongue-green: Oh well, self-stimulation is better than no stimulation at all.
I shouldn't touch this one but: How long ya been married? Just kidding.

the sad thing is 90% of the voters don't even think about it. They just go vote for the fanciest talking silver tongued devil they hear.
BINGO... That's why the term sheeple is quite fitting.

trapperbr549

Reaction score
I shouldn't touch this one but: How long ya been married? Just kidding.

BINGO... That's why the term sheeple is quite fitting.

Don't worry about kidding, I have been married close to 20 years. Nothing offends me anymore. :tongue-green:

easymoney

Reaction score
I knew it...
Me too, going on 30years and never had a fight... But, I have a couch with my name engraved on it.

FoCoHugh

JHO Team Member
Reaction score
My 1997 Chevy (300K miles!) costs us $265 this year. Not much savings.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I knew it...
Me too, going on 30years and never had a fight... But, I have a couch with my name engraved on it.

Been married since '72, and we've had lots of fights (I still haven't won one yet!).

easymoney

Reaction score
Mr CS, we actually lived in sin for seven years before we got married, so I'm catching up to you.
and never had a fight
Just kidding here, I keep thinking I might win one some day.
Anyone who seriously says they never had a fight and married is either lying or not really living with their spouse...
Good marriages last because both sides compromise.

RVRKNG

Reaction score
I have a 1978 f250 extra-cab 4x4. Registration in Arizona........ $35.00 for 2 years!:mooning:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom