Annual "Where Ya Goin" Thread

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Give us all your hunting schedule for the year so that we can wish you the best of luck. As for me...
I just got permission to hunt some very solid property here in Central Ohio. I am going to wring that chamois as much as I can. No out of state plans for me this year, although I may try the ducks at Lake Erie.

How bout you???

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
Well, seems like I may just be able to get out once or twice this year to the local spots...no hunting money this year...

559hog

Reaction score
D7 archery opener, going to rape that place with my tracks. There's a brute I've been tracking for awhile now, hopefully he's still there.

CATManReid

Reaction score
I'll be making my way up to D7. Hunting partner and I have a good history of nailing something on opening day. Not going to give specifics, but partner said the bucks are out in force. Hopefully we'll have a couple arrows that find their home...:wavin hello:

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
Doing 8 days in the back country here for elk and mulies. If i'm not successful Ill be chasing late season blacktails for sure!

One Track

Reaction score
Local dove, ducks, and deer.

AZ lope rifle.

AZ archery bull as a caller and a hauler. I'm probably better at the hauler part.

ORElkBow

Reaction score
Me, can't plan anymore like I used to. Now it's all last minute hunts. If I've got 3 hrs of free time, I'm going. If I've got none, well I've got none. But this year's plan so far, I'm guessing no elk, late archery blacktail in Santiam, and some quackin at Sauvie's. Yup, that's it for me.

Glass eye

Reaction score
D7 at some point. I don't know if it'll be archery or rifle or both. It all depends on the AZ draw results.

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
August 21st Utah mulies and Elk 10 days backpacking with two good friends!
Then local upland game, yotes and deer.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Today... Coyotes
August A-20 Deer and Bear
September Alaska Caribou
October A-31 Deer and Bear
November Kansas Whitetail
Nov/Dec Ca bear
January Mexico Coues deer
February Tejon Hog

It's gonna be a good year!!! Ed F

socalkid

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to add that I was invited on a Tejon Hog hunt sometime this summer!!

sancho

Reaction score
i have an archery only tag so i will hunt anywhere i can legally. i have one a-zone contact, supposed to go today, but i had a stupid conference call dropped on me. i have B-zone in mariposa, and near tejon. i will chase deer and pigs there. fall turkey near mariposa. october pigs and exotics in texas. and if the Lord smiles on me...a last minute elk landowners tag may fall on me CHEAP! this is next to the...better not say. then i will haunt lake sonoma for pigs. of all my hunting, i want an LS pig over all other creatures. strange.

JNDEER

Reaction score
July A zone archery
Aug opener B/D zone archery
Aug/Sep Oregon Elk
Sep/Oct B Rifle

Orygun

Reaction score
Oregon High Desert (several units) for archery deer/elk
Archery deer/Elk in the mid Cascades/Coast range

Possible a Zone with buddy in Lake County
Late season doe with dad in Nov
Ducks wherever possible

OR

Take a job transfer and spend the rest of the summer/fall looking for house and settling in . Glad I didn't burn any points this year on some high demand hunt.

Elkbow, gettin' any repeat contacts with that benchmark buck??

BigDog

Reaction score
August 15 -D3
Some time in September - B zone
Oct 10 - Colorado 1st Rifle Elk in area 62

myfriendis410

Reaction score
A zone deer, archery and gun. G11 VAFB deer along with hogs (of course)

Elk and mule deer in Wyoming on 186,000 acres with two other guys--one of them my best friend--for five days in a trophy bull area where they see 34" mule deer out the truck window driving into the ranch house and three resident elk herds on the property.

So, no big deal this year.

youngr24

Reaction score
Just D-8 this year, opener camping low for two days, secound weekend four days in the backcounty starting on thursday.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom