Anobody been scouting?

chap_dog48

Reaction score
Hey Trav, I have been out and about. Not seeing much out on that ridge we hunt. Have seen several nice ones on the other side of the canyon, 3 miles North of where we hunt. Also saw a few in X10. No pics though. Did you ever get that personal PM I sent you. Drop me a line and I will respond. Later Kurt

spotnstalk26

Reaction score
hey kurt, my names josh actually but its all good. my fiancee, dad and I are gonna scout the area soon and I will let ya know whats up. Was the brush grown up more. It seems it grows about 6 inches every year in some spots. Do you remember all those shots going off opening day last year, it was pissing me off, especially since its a copper zone, wonder if they actually had copper. well i will try to take some pics if i can, most of the time they are too far and i dont like to get too close to bump them out of the area.

chap_dog48

Reaction score
Sorry Josh, Don't know what I was thinking on the name, sorry. As far as all those shots on opening weekend it was a group of guys that supposedly got 9 bucks out of that area last year. We saw some of the ones they took. And yes they had copper. They may have shot that area out because they said they got 6 out from the year before. Good luck let me know what you see. I will be up again at the end of July. Later, Kurt

Akash

Reaction score
Ive been to x-10 and D-8 over the weekend. Granted we didn't see anything but did see a lot of potentials in the area. Signs, droppings etc.

Hey Kurt, thanks for all the infos. I was wondering which "generic" area did you see them? I was up in the lookout. Didnt see nething. Granted we were there from 10 a.m. till 7:00 p.m. Not the best timing by any means.

Hoping to go back again in a few weeks.

Thanks once again !!! Good Luck !!

PVEH

Reaction score
Scouted up behind the sanbernadinos in d14 a few days ago and beside it being very hot we saw several bedding groups, droppings and traks of all kinds. We did spook a huge doe at about 4 or so and watched in awe as she did a fast pogo right in front of us and out of sight. I don't know if this area will be any good come opening day but I have seen a couple of good size does and a mature buck in the vicinity. I will definitley hit this spot a few times and see what I can get. I have seen a few deer around luna and white mountain and a friend has a cabin in green valley so we might hit that spot as well. I will probably get out a few more times before summer is over then let the area rest before season. I really enjoy scouting and being in the field no matter what we see or come across. I have hunted d14 for five seasons and have gotten two bucks so I guess I had better enjoy just being there.
Good Hunting!
PVEH

Latest Posts

Top Bottom