• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Another 2 Bore finished

CowboyCS

There have been a few slight design changes to the action on this rifle compared to the right handed version I built a couple years ago. You can see the documented build of the right hand version at this link http://stolzergunsmithing.webs.com/finished2boreboxlock.htm I machined the main body of the action out of a single piece of steel, and then machined a pocket for the Fire Control Group instead of building the action in two halves like I did the other one. And this one is basically a field grade rifle, with very little engraving.

Weight, balance, sights, etc...are all basically the same as the right handed version.

Colin

myfriendis410

Yeah: I see you used "field grade wood" too. Now I know where to go if I'm afraid of being attacked by a finback whale........

Lovely, Colin: we've missed your builds!

CowboyCS

I haven't done a documented build in a while, just been building same, same for a while but later this year I will be starting a 2 Bore Jones underlever in a side by side so I will be documenting that one.

Colin

inchr48

Fine work as usual, thanks for posting Colin.

That S x S will be awesome. Anything holding a pound of lead in one loading is hard to imagine. I still remember that railroad tie flying backwards when you "proofed" the one build you did.

CowboyCS

This is two shots back to back out of the cartridge 2 Bore that I built: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMEXxW-Se5w

The biggest thing that will slow a guy down with the 2 Bore sxs I am going to build is sight recovery, the recoil pushes the rifle up in the air to about 40 degrees, not to mention pushing the shooter around so much.

Colin

inchr48

I'd be taking the second shot from a different zip code, I can't fathom pulling that second trigger.....................

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
I can't fathom pulling the FIRST trigger! And a 2 bore SxS?!?!?! I'll bet the beavertail would be 3 1/2 to 4 inches wide! Holy howitzers, Batman!

Beautiful work as usual Cowboy...... :thumbs up: :thumbs up: Two thumbs up on that one.

myfriendis410

Notice how Colin uses the word "pushes"? That's not quite the word I'd use; more like smacked! Or pounded! Or punished! You get the idea.

Top Bottom