Another big cat killed

S&P

Reaction score
I got this in email and checked Snopes, but nothing on it yet.

This lion was hit between Grantsville and Walker WV, by a car. Game and Fish had to come and put him down. He charged at the Fish and Game guy in the process.

Attachments

WildlifeBranch

Reaction score
might be legit, but it wouldn't end up in some guys garage in CA if DFG put it down -- it would go into a truck and be transported to lab. So.. unless this fellow is a warden/biol. (and there are enough plastic containers there that he could be !!)

mdhntr

Reaction score
I believe this has already been here, some time ago.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
He seems more like a taxidermist to me...look a the 1st pic, top left corner...that is a lot of bone hanging there...regardless, that is a HUGE cat!!

BrandonA

Reaction score
Wow that's huge... How must do you guys estimate it at?

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Yep wasn't that same cat hit in AZ. Was probably hit in ID and MT also.
Would love to know the real story but them pics have been around for a while and still haven't heard anything that's factual that I'm aware of.

scottymack

Reaction score
That is one huge cat, never seen one that size in this area

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
WOW......I would not want to be in the same woods as that lil guy.............but then again if he did get ahold of you it would be over real quick..........

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Here kitty kitty kitty.... That is one big pppppppppppppp cat. LOL bet you thought I was going to say it. Wow! it would be interesting to know the real story behind that cat. Perhaps if you contact snopes they will get to the bottom of it.

Drayton

Reaction score
Thanks for the snopes check S&P.

Wonder why people change stories on stuf like that?

I'd like to know how the F350 truck looked after smacking that kitty.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
The story on snopes was the 1st one I heard. Huge cat!

NatureDriven

Reaction score
I've seen two mt. lion at least that size at the Tejon in the past couple years. Once, my father (S&WTOM) and I were driving to a spot to hunt boar and a mt. lion jumped across the road with in 5 feet of the truck. The lion was only a couple feet shorter than the entire width of the road from head to tail. It woke us up real quick. The second one I watched come out of the thick brush right before sun down. That too was huge! My wife and I left the area shortly after as he was only about 100 yds. away.

billrob

Reaction score
I saw a pretty good size cat down on highway 38 just above Mill Creek ranger station one night on the way home from up on the hill.
I didn't stop to check his or her vitals but there are many in that area.
I see signs all the time and a lot of bobcats too.

I was working for an office back east in NJ for a while a few years back and used to stop and snip and zip lock bag the tails of road kill deer for fly tying and jig skirts to kill the cabin fever syndrom.

I guess that's illegal out here but I don't see road kill deer out here in SoCal very often at all just tons and tons of those (cute little protected) tree squirrels on highway 38 up and back to big bear.

I almost always see coyotes strolling around all times of day in the jenks lake roads areas.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom