Another Go Round

OPAH

Its 5am 18 degrees, The Bruce and I are in our blinds adding our layers, going to be even colder once the Sunday creeps above the ridge line.
Now quit, scent free and warm the wait begins, the dark lightens, shadows are now bushes, I can see the top of the large oak tree where their beds are. Still to cold and dark to clearly see, the cold is starting to leak into my layers thermos’s, camo and jacket, the tips of my fingers now felling the bite of Jack frost.
The sun seems to be quickened is rising for us, now we have a clear crisp view of all around us, temp is dropping fast, if all wasn’t already frozen you would hear the crackling of dew freezing. Sun light! Starting to creep down the high side of the mountain slowly heading to us, it gets to the big oak tree and my heart start to pound the adrenaline start coursing thru my vines and my body warms a bit, the deer should be warming up stretching and taking the stiffness out, SOON I tell myself Soon, I nock an arrow an prep warming my hands and fingers inside my jacket. I have envisioned this over and over and all is how it should be, the sun has finally graced us with its warmth and slowly the back of my jacket allows it in. Now my heart is racing , bow on my lap I am scanning all the openings from the Oak down to us.
Peek over to check on the Bruce, his eyes wide open darting back and forth, steam actually rising from him, his bow in hand, still and determined (it’s the hunting picture you see that really makes you wish you were there).
Two hours go by, sunlight has moved behind the trees and the cold sits in again Got to go to work be back

Bubblehide

Very nice, but buddy, deer are primarily nocturnal, so they should be headed to bed, not just getting up to stretch their legs. Theyshould have been out feeding, and cuming into their beds; usually withing the first 2 hours of light, if not sooner. But my guess, and hope, is that you connected, since your just getting around to writing this. Can't wait for the rest!

OPAH

You called It Bubblehide, they were a no show, Coming or Going we had I covered, guess it is not there Sunday bed. give if another shot Friday Morning, Same Same be in the blinds before first light and be super diligent
I KNOW THEY ARE THERE! Had a Bud and his son bring a Doe out Saturday, going to have to keep with it sooner or Later we will be in the right place at he right time.

Last edited:

OPAH

OK need a new plan! Back to the TOPO, find their way home and meet them in the middle, Sounds reasonable to me.
But the Battle plan remains the same, in before first light, get in place and sit tight, after a couple hours if no Deer are in sight, get the boots on the dirt and track them with all my might.
Not much of a poet, but I know I am a good Hunter and great tracker, just got to use the right tools for the right application. Waiting for the trees to grow to build a house may work, it just takes too much time, and I am running out of time.

Last edited:

Top Bottom