Another PIR

bat

Reaction score
I was reading about the RS PIR maybe being discontued and ran up on this one while doing some searches last night.  Does anybody have any experience using this one?  It looks like it might have some potential.  The idle power usuage is a little high, you guys with this type knowledge would know better than I on this!  Cost around $15. I also noticed they have an IR board that might be of interest to somebody.  Go to http://hobbytron.com or to http://www.hobbytron.com/EAK510.html to go straight to the motion detector.  bat

Tinhorn

Reaction score
That does look like it mite work

The 60 ma's it mentions is probaby when the speaker is blaring but, like Bat said,  4 ma's at idle is a little high.  I'm wondering if that's correct, you'd think, since it runs on a 9v battery, the current would be less.

9v = 590 ma/hrs (ampacity) = 148 hrs = ~ 6 days

Hope somebody knows something about this unit too

Tinhorn

harryak

Reaction score
what do you think about slc-146 from radioshack. it is made for a quad cam and the lense is just the right shape. has a 30' range. part#slc146p

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Hey Tinhorn,

I was in one of our local hardware stores tonight and they had regents.  not the mainstay but the regents. had a bunch of MSXXX lots of styles.  I culdn't help buying a MS 401 .  Has 110 degree,  adjustable sensitivity ans a test/4min/12min mode switch on the bottom.  everyday low price of $5.  It is in a case like the ms20, but the insides are a lot dirffferent.  Do you happen  to recall what all versions might have been hacked unsuccessfully in the past.  

Tinhorn

Reaction score
AEH,

All I remember is somebody months ago saying the MS35 won't work but don't remember why.  Looking at my JHP Notes, I only have Mainstay VG-8000 sensor listed as not working but I also didn't list the reason.   I never personally looked at any of them.

Sorry I'm not much help, sounds like you could get some good deals if something would work.

Tinhorn

Advertisement

Top Bottom